Saturday, April 16, 2016

Much sleep.

.
.
I have been turning the furnace on, in case that might help.  Not so much.  Still, better to be slightly warmer while recovering.  I had turned off the heat a few weeks ago, and still do when I go to sleep.  Tried heating the place, again, a few days ago.  As I suggested, I don't think it's helping me get better, it does feel good.  I'll go with it for a few more days.  Then again these last few days, even week or two(?), the weather has gone from warm and mostly sunny to cool to cold, damp to wet, and much darker.  Now, that is sort of my weather, if, especially certain times of the year, like spring, and even fall if possible, a break and some light from time to time helps ease things.

Something, on another front, I am trying to change?  Food volume.  I am trying to eat more than every few days, or even just irregularly.  As well, I am attempting to cut the volume.  A small pork chop, two eggs, and a glass of milk; a cup of soup and maybe a small grilled cheese sandwich, a few small fillets of fish and just some smidgen of vegetable or even fruit.  More often, smaller amounts, better quality, more precisely cooked.  Even in the doldrums, I seem to be able to keep ahead of the cooking, prep, and dishes... mostly.  I suspect it will help a great deal in the longer run.  I do keep an eye to the paleo diet, I simply won't be an absolutist.  I will strongly lean that way, nothing more.  I suspect, in time, I will lose weight.  If that isn't of great concern so long as I am more functional than not.  And, honestly, I can get out and about fairly well most of the time.  It's more a matter of getting started.

Did I mention I have been sleeping a lot lately?  Yes.  I would say up to eighteen hours on a bad day, twelve to fourteen fairly regularly.  I can't quite keep on my feet, even with the furnace slacking the chill.  Tylenol and Vic's are still being used.  Hmm... I may actually begin using... nah... cough syrup, at this time, just wouldn't help.  All, of the symptoms, that remains is exhaustion, a bit of congestion, and minor aches and pains if I forget Tylenol... if that is really only needed once a day now that my days, wake times anyway, have shrunk.  Bleh.  At least I am not, to my mind, infectious.  No running nose or sneezing, which is how I measure such.

Hmm...  I cooked three chops.  They were on the edge.  I may just heat the remaining two, dish with a serving of apple sauce, procure a glass of milk, and call it a meal.  Cinnamon or allspice, to top the apple sauce, though?  Oh, I'll figure it out.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here