Monday, April 11, 2016

I want to sleep.

.
.
I want to eat.  I would like to take a shower.  Actually I really don't want to be a millionaire or billionaire... traps.  I have done some of the dishes.  I need to do the rest before I can shower.  I was hoping to push through, so that I could shower before sleeping.  Following me?  Yeah, no.  I'm not going to make it.  I might hit some of the dishes.  I don't know about getting all of them, I am almost sure no shower will be taken, and food is just off.  I really am hungry, but the hunger feels like it is coming from a different place, maybe even from someone else.  If I can do some of the dishes, though, I may warm up dinner and give it a go.  Or not.  Odd to be hungry and yet have no more interest in eating than what exists.

Tea.  Lots of it lately.  Sometimes warm, when it is cool.  Iced more often than not, sometimes just room temp.  Rarely, anymore, do I add sugar, xylatol, splenda, or such... just tea, thank you.  I don't even add lemon all that often.  I did make orange juice, from unsweetened, pure, concentrate.  I wasn't impressed.  But then orange juice just doesn't seem interesting these days.  I've even tried the, if you believe the label, fresh squeezed, never frozen, full pulp, varieties.  The world has changed.  Nothing, it would seem, is what it seems.  So be it.  Tea seems to be fine, for now, if I avoid the kind that makes me choke.  I am nearly allergic to some things... artificial syrups, some spices, and some teas it seems.  It doesn't choke off the airway completely, just creates a cough, much as with syrups and spices.  I'll figure this out before long.  I love coffee, it's just too thick anymore.  I've tried parsing it, but then it becomes like tea.  If I am going to have tea, I'll pick a real tea.  Reminds me of politics.  No, all of politics is fake, and neither coffee nor tea.

It's been a nice day, give or take.  I haven't work myself out, or been able to do so.  I did remove the stock from the ice trays, then bag and double bag them.  Two big bags of various numbers of smaller bags, tagged with the month and year.  Should be good until October, if I hope to have them gone well before then.  Unsalted, reduced by (after thinking it out more surely last night) a factor of five... so one ice cube should, when thawed and added with water to make a cup, work as a cup of regular strength broth.  We'll see.  I am hoping to make a batch of those beans I mean to use in the casserole, as I finish out the rest of the ingredients.  Some sort of smoked pork... probably just thick cut, or even uncut, bacon... though I will look at options... and then just a good, thick, pork chop.  I want to see if the beans will work.  I could use chicken stock in that just to experiment that way.  Beans definitely could use a little something.  And since you can't use salt without risking making the skins hard and doing odd things to texture, unsalted chicken stock should do well.  Also I have been meaning to cook lentils in chicken stock.  They cook up very quickly, but are rather bland.  Chicken stock might be the trick.  Wouldn't hurt using in a batch of rice, either.

Life may be heading down a different path, sooner or later.  And yet, while I have access to the fiddle and harp, so shall I play.  Well, if I can get my taste for food back.  No need to cook if you can't eat.  Later, or good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here