Wednesday, December 7, 2016

That was something.

.
.
Mopped, did I mention.  Then mopped again.  Then rinsed.  And then used mop and glo, to no good end.  Burned some energy anyway.  Between each mopping I had to clean out the mop, the caddie, and run fresh water... quite a task just by itself.  Essentially I mopped the open areas four times.  The floors are cleaner, they just don't look all that much better.  These floors may be from the 70's.  Yeah.  Cleaner, that's it.

I just couldn't quite...  I went to town and did some shopping.  Some milk, a few foods, cat litter and food, tp, and... other stuff.  I have one of those scented candles, from when my mother visited.  And some other things, like a wax melter that puts off a smell.  What I have found is that those types of things is that they are great until they become stale.  Then you are just surfing stink with more and more.  Or you quit, let it all go away, and...

What works?  Actually burning unscented candles from time to time.  I have heard that bowls of vinegar works, and will be trying that.  But the real thing is, if something stinks?  Find it and remove it.  Is it the trash?  Take it out.  Is it the cat litter?  Freshen it.  Oh, I really need to buy more baking powder (I think, or soda, but I think powder).  A little of that in the kitty litter, a box in the fridge and freezers, a little on the rugs or carpeting before vacuuming, it and vinegar down the drains.  It really is good.  Not perfect, but nothing is.  In the winter I just can't open the windows for much of an airing out.  Not even in the summer does that always work.  We live in a smelly world.  There are little things that help, and just the plain common sense things.  I have... a lot of work to do in my home to deal with odors, but I have started.  Yes, burning plain, unscented, candles somehow helps.

Hopefully I can have the appliances exchanged, with the new ones up and running yet this week.  Then can take a few days to weeks off, whatever it takes, then get back to it.  I should be able to kick my main room out in a week, though perhaps with a bit of drying time after the steam cleaning.  Then I will hit, if much more lightly as there isn't that much, the spare bedroom.  This front room is nearly there.  The kitchen isn't horrible, but... rough.  The living room is what will take extra time.  And, I'll want to finish off the bathroom.  I hit it tonight, too, actually.  Not everything all over.  Too much stuff in the way.  But since I was slopping the mop water and making a mess already, a bit of cleaning while at it just seemed... right.

I do not know how I could work.  I was in terrible pain when I woke.  The shower helped, but just for a bit.  I was back to crippling pain.  Something about everyone missing everything just... something seemed so off.  Anger, suspicion, doubt.  Not just, or even at, anyone... an emotional tidal wave just sent me into something.  Oh well.  A bit of gaming, then on to bed I think.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here