Thursday, July 11, 2024

About that time.

.
.
Fairly warm up in this front room.  At 84.  It remains cooler in the main room, say 76.  Cooler yet in the kitchen.  I'll bet upstairs is a bit warm yet too.  It is down to 72 outside.  Not bad, given that it was up to 96 to 98 today?  Something like that.  Could be worse, may get worst.  Not completely unusual.  And, yet, probably a bit warmer than nominal?  Something like that.

I am... comfortable, all in all.  A bit tired.  If I did do a pretty good lot of work, on some rather warm days, inside and out.  So, sure.  Given the givens I am doing very well.  I'll just need to rest until I can get back to things.
-----

The dishwasher is set to be delivered in the morning.  I'll try to be to bed earlier, and be up in plenty of time.  I did empty the trash out there.  Was... beginning to smell.  Not sure what I put in, or when, only that it's better to be in the outside bin.  With the windows open, that will help with any lingering odors.

The first ozone generator arrived.  My request to negotiate the price, rather than order a new one at the lower price, was ignored.  So I will be sending this one back.  I still suspect they would rather lose money on shipping and have two in transit, for poor but corrupted by bureaucratic practices and governmental mal-investment directives, than to simply change the cost.  Though, too, altering prices, on the fly, may be beyond some of the best systems, and employee groups... let alone the lessor of those.  Fair enough.  I did try to save shipping, and else.  Can... only do what one can do.
-----
Oh, I remember seeing the Ghost and the Darkness, or what remains of them.  In the Chicago Museum of Natural History?  Or some such.  Went with my best friend, at the time.  I was mostly there to see the city, nothing in particular.  He had museums of art and else he wished to peruse.  I was happy to have company, especially one who had details of locations, and methods of mobility.  I was, mostly, a minor bodyguard.  He was the scout.

I didn't fear them.  I did realize they were predators too.  I figured I could take one, maybe.  Not both.  At that time I still think I was correct.  These days?  It would be really tight.  I have my doubts.  Shaman?  No.  I still think they were trained by shaman, or Russians, or... someone.  They were deliberately trained to do what they did, in order to stop the train.

At that time, Britain's enemies were probably right to try.  If, though too, their enemies were just as bad, simply not as successful?  Or... like that.  Not much has changed.  Those who are in charge just... aren't the good guys.  And those they hate, and who hate them, and compete?  Aren't good guys.  There was one good Guy, and we crucified Him.  Amen.
-----

I had half a steak.  Nothing fancy.  Didn't think I would eat, but... yes... it was wanted, and somewhat needed.  Without food, or coffee, for whatever reason, blood sugar spiked to 169 earlier today.  I... suspected food would help.  A fatted coffee and steak later, blood sugar is down to 129.  I... don't feel better, but I do like that.  I work to keep things right, balanced, healthy.  Which sometimes means eating when I really don't feel like it.
-----

The neighbor and his brother were by.  They looked over the insurance letter.  I couldn't... read it well.  It looks like I have to August 3rd?  Though... we will be talking as soon as I know more.  They took some measurements, and suggested how many stacks of shingles I would need.  And contacted a window man they work with, who... will put forth a few bids for various possibilities.

As for the roof, I can clear the branches.  And the vines near the electrical box and such can be managed easily.  I'd like to get to things in the morning, but probably won't.  Waiting for the dishwasher, and being a bit too worn out.  Hopefully tomorrow morning, or Monday, I'll get to the roof.  Though I may be able to clip vines tomorrow.

As well, I'd like to see if I can do the shingles.  It would be my first shot at such.  It isn't too awfully high, just a standard story and a half thing.  Nor is it all that much space, say sixteen by twelve feet, total... or so.  I would like to do, or help, with the window.  And may.  Or... may just be too in the way.  We will see.

There was a side opening window, but those aren't good for air conditioning.  I need one in that window, it's the only one possible down here.

Still, very good to... have had someone read the letter, and understand.  And begin to make plans on what to do, and how.  Costs?  I... fear that a bit.  We will see what... various things are in sum.  No price at all, so far.

Shingles... I did a rough numbers, for square feet, and went looking.  come to think of it, I think H said I would need six packs of those.  And he suggested he saw a price for $30 apiece?  I can't find that.  I'm seeing $36 to $42 per, and also see six.  Though... there are odd options.  He doesn't think I need tar paper, or underments of other sorts.  And thinks the plywood is good.  He has a roofing gun, I have a heavy duty compressor, ladder, and willingness to risk falling on my butt.  So... well, nails too.  But if just shingles, and lets say at the higher end, with nails, tax, title, and else, looking at $300 very roughly.

The window?  That will start at $500 to $750 (at the least).  Installation at $250 to $750.  Depends on just how much trim, and time, it would take.  I just...  If I hadn't just "bought" the refrigerator and the dishwasher...  Bad timing.  Oh... I have... some money.  It would be a terrible squeeze, all in, though.  I'll see.

Still... if completely all number theory, and wildly mostly still unknown... I can hope I'm in the ballfield.
-----

Oh, haven't heard a thing about the 4th degree information.  They are watching, looking, though.  I see that plainly.  Just no information, or are they considering the thing at higher levels in the org?  I just can't be sure.  Won't know, on this, until I know.  I guess.

It's bedtime, I do believe.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here