.
.
I tried to sleep. I gave it a good hour or so. No sleep was to be had. While getting out of bed I decided to check the thermometers. As I suspected, I heated the rest of the house to 80 F. That thermometer reads to 82 F, the one in my bedroom only reads to 80. The one in my bedroom not only shows that it is 80, but well over 80. Yes, I heat my home quite a bit. On the good side, the fans seem to be working just fine. They, like me, just needed a little break.
While frustrating, at least I am feeling good and am otherwise content of mind and spirit. I have much to do, or try to do, before my mother arrives. I have other things I need to do or am in the middle of planning for seemingly a dozen other causes. And I can't sleep nor afford a window air conditioner, let alone central air. One thing at a time and sticking to doing what I can when I can and how I can is the thing.
I continue reading Chesterton. The thing that is baffling is, how such a widely read author saw the horrors of the potential of liberalism (it had already become a monstrous parody of what liberalism was ever supposed to be) that the march into what we have today continued, unabated. They saw it coming, they knew it was coming, they knew they could defeat it if they tried, and they knew how. Yet, here we are. Liberals, to be absolutely honest, are not the cleverest of people. I have to think they have been granted some measure of power, much like women, merely to ensure that they have no power. Now, of course, the planes of flesh are under Satan's dominion at this point. But, who are the intermediaries? Who are the ones, unlike Christ, who chose to rule? It certainly isn't presidents and prime ministers. They have no real power. Nor does congress or the senate. It isn't exactly the rich, or more super rich. It obviously is not the poor. I might have, at one time, actually guessed that it was what is left, the middle class. I simply cannot be sure. What bothers me is, if they knew then what we live now, and could not stop it or even really slow it, what chance do we have currently? I might have to wonder that the financial instability is a thing designed to do what no other technique will, to bankrupt modern liberalism. As I recall, that is what happened to the U.S.S.R.
Just... thinking. Later or good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here