Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ah, the fun and games continue!

.
.
I have an appointment this morning, with the doctors. I get to tell them that I am at the end, and past it really, of my capacity to take the medicine. My guess is they knew this was coming, sooner or later. Since they put the appointment a month off, I think they even knew the cutt-off point. They were hoping a month would allow me time to get situated on the medicine. Or they wanted to give the medicine time to work, knowing I would do my best. I have to cut my medicine, at least back to where it was. Despite them saying they have never heard of anyone having problems with these medicines, my guess is they have heard this from every client they have, save those who are so ill from the heart problems, and tended by someone, that the patient doesn't notice the difference.

Now, it isn't that I don't want to take care of the condition, it is merely that I cannot take care of the condition. I suppose the best I can do is take what of the medicine I can take. Since the difference between one quarter and one third of the max dose (the max is what they really want, and for example, I am not exactly sure the portions only that the logic works) is probably the difference in my capacity to take it on my own, that there is little health benefit from the upper part of that and I do better on the lower amount, which means I will probably half and half again the dose of my main medicine, over time. I suppose a bit of medicine coupled with being (more) active is better than nothing and better still than taking so much I end up missing lots of doses.

I have a good idea how they will take this. But that is that. I do need to check and see if the angiography is still planned for later this month. I have arranged lodging for the visit. Hotels either have a three star or better rating at a hundred plus a night or they get comments suggesting the plumbing doesn't work, the place is either dirty or filthy, the place seemed dangerous, and even that prostitution and drug deals are going on in the places. Urhm, a hundred and more didn't seem all that bad, all things considered. Oh, those things will still happen, they just won't be nearly so obvious. Now, the thing is, after going through an online site to order my reservations I went to look at the hotel more closely at it's own site. I wanted to see if I really saved any money (to my notions, from what I could see, I did not, by the way). In any case, the hotel itself was showing no vacancies. Odd, and most hotels were showing no vacancies throughout SLC. Is something happening mid-September that would cause hotels to be booked full? Hmm, not Thanksgiving, not Christmas, then, what? Ski season won't open for another month either. Weird. All over SLC, hotels seemed booked. I couldn't find a hotel with smoking rooms though, for my mother. I don't mind, mostly. She will, but... Not much I can do if such a thing doesn't exist.

I wish there was more to do in SLC, early. While I am sure, if you lived there and knew the place well, you might be able to find a thing or two. But for a big city it does roll up the streets and shut down the world at a rather early time. Then again, what would be open in real big cities? Bars? Great. Actually, what would I be interested in doing? Hmm, window shopping tools, chatting up a solar energy store employee (though often the salesmen know nothing), finding books on the subject. Nothing exciting but it might be something. Hmm, since I will be in town after it wakes up I might look for a bookstore or a alternative power store or resource center to visit.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here