.
.
I could not sleep so I tried to stay up, to take my friend out. Hmm, missed confession, church, I wanted to at least try for this. Nope. I completely ran out of steam. Yeah, it has to be the medicine this time around. How can you take full dose medicine when you can't take full dose medicine? That is easy, you don't. I will continue to do my best to take it until my next appointment. But I am shot. Little will happen in life until I start lowering the dosages is my guess. I will try but I realize I am back to zombieland. At least they honestly did do the increases slowly enough that I didn't actually 'black out'. Sure, it crept up on me, but I have been, for the most part, able to take the medicine up to this point. At this point though, that is almost the sum total of what I can do. I didn't lose a month, fall off medicine mostly, only to 'wake up' one day and feel guilty about... not taking my medicine. Back to those initial levels, it's as good as I can do, or want to do. Then again, even trying to just take it back to the last dosage level might be enough.
My appointment is coming up rather quickly. My mission, should I accept it (and I do), is to get there, somehow, by hook, crook, claw, or nail. It will be difficult. I can barely sit in this chair and type. Zombieland indeed. I wonder if all medicine does this? Every type, whether they were treating some false diagnosis or this real one, when it gets up to or even close to dose, does this. Do they have anything that doesn't cause a complete failure in my function? Is that their goal? I really don't know. I know only that nothing can help me if I can't take it. They might as well just quit and go home. That is what I will be doing after I inform them, mostly.
I did see a cool little home, again. I have written about these before. I never did find material costs and such until this time, I think. They are called Tumbleweed homes. People keep calling them the $99 dollar houses, which I knew was wrong. That is how much plans cost. The building material list is more along these lines. Still, not too bad. I would not be building it on a trailer, thus cutting some costs, but then adding costs by building a foundation. I would try to get it on a foundation (perhaps even with a small cellar), and have electric and gas attached.
Why? For one or two of those crazy women types who have some claim to me to have their own little nest. They would have to bring something to the effort, financially, mind you. But they would have a place to themselves, each. My mother would hate it, upon first seeing it. But after living with me for a week or two, she would be moving in faster than I could count to 1, 2, feminists suck, 3. *evil grins* My lady friend would absolutely love/hate it. As she does all her things. But they would have the main house if it got too cold/hot, for laundry, for bigger meals (or meals in general). But... with my rules. No mouthy woman crap in my presence. They want to natter, they could do it amongst each other or find friends to hate on. And being that they don't like each other much more than they like my manness and my attitude, it could work, mostly.
Yeah, well, my sense of humor never leaves me, mostly. Yes, to some of you women readers, I understand that you have no sense of my humor. But... think about it. You aren't supposed to have it. It's in the genes. *boing* I will try to get some work done tonight. This room has been started but not finished. And perhaps I could revisit the dishes. That is all.
Sleep well while I try to get my lump going faster than a snail. Good night.
I've been looking at those from time to time also. Certainly far cheaper to heat, cool and illuminate than anything larger. And I have an 8'x 20' trailer frame already. But that would require backing away from some large undertakings already underway in the house I have. Sunk cost, maybe. But I hate unfinished projects.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't consider it for myself for at least four reasons. The V.A. wouldn't approve, similar reasons to yours, I still have some hope to find a wife and have children, and I wouldn't approve. At 6'4", that place would be extremely too tight. Getting into a bottom drawer, showering, or crawling up to bed, might all be somewhere between painful and dangerous. My mom and lady friend would actually, once they got used to it, so long as they had the house to escape to and cook in and do their laundry, would be quite fine with it.
ReplyDeleteThough, for me, I have considered altering the plans, adding enough to the interior height, both first floor and loft, so that the clearances would be doable and all shelving would at least be knee high (adding the potential to add in a washing machine (mini one), a frig/freezer (or two, on sliding racks) and perhaps some other "conveniences" and storage bins that could be pulled out from tucked areas. The kitchen though? I am not sure I could tolerate an electric cook plate being my (one and) only cooking surface. No, just too limited without having a main house in which to store some other things, cook proper meals, or get out of more severe weather.
Especially as a prepper. There is zero allotment for food stores. I'm not sure I want food stores out in some outhouse or shed, not at all. And yet, I love the 'notion'. It seems so easy. And, back again, you know what they say about easy, whether it be sex, money, or feelings, or anything.
As for you, isn't that pretty close to what you have done? If you aren't completely rebuilding, rewiring, reconfiguring, what have you done? The only difference, from what I have seen, as much as I saw at least, is that you are the designer and you started with a structure.