.
.
I did get to those noodles. Now these look more like what I remember as a lad. They have the right smell, the right feel. Noodles, egg noodles. They are drying. I found, rather than using a knife? Cutting them with a pizza cutter was perfect. I can't cut a straight line to save my life but... that's a good thing. Neither could my mother. These are just right! Did I mention that I helped with shoveling today? Yep. I don't do as much as the lads, but... I did what I could. A little help is better than none.
I did make it into town. I skipped cat groceries, as those are at a store other than my primary grocery store. And I didn't stop for gas, as I had also hoped to do. But I did get the groceries that will lay me in for two weeks and change, perhaps. I bought more than I had planned, but some things were on sale. Some things I know I like, a few things I have never tried... a bit of a risk. Turkey filets wrapped in bacon? Three to a package, five packages of three, for $20. Why not. Each package can offer between one, but more like two or even three meals. That's up to fifteen meals for $20, at least the protein. Not bad. Even if I don't end up liking them I will eat them. Oh, and I saw habaneros, good looking ones. Yes, pricey, but my forty needed were less than a pound. Jalapenos were cheap, and they had Serrano in stock as well. So... I can make my treasured hot sauce shortly. I do have some other habanero sauce, and some ghost pepper sauce, store bought but from "reputable" and popular niche small batch venders. Not quite what I prefer, to be honest. And, yeah, I can handle ghost peppers. My guess is, though, that they used hot "juice". It's got a funky taste to it, off-putting. I like doing it myself. If I could find raw ghost peppers, I would make a batch of that.
I also bought a few side things. I have been meaning to buy dw-40. Maybe I did but I can't find it for the life of me. So, a can of that. A few other such side items. And snacks! Mostly good snacks. Nuts are my thing, though Oreos are quite popular hereabouts. The trick, for me, is to limit my treats. Whether nuts or cookies, I need to look at the labels, decide how much is reasonable given my size, and frequency of use, then sort of plan it in... somehow. I'm finally up to doing a bit more than mere mean survival, I do believe. So... I will start here. And, finally, grapefruit. My apples were $3.50~$4 a pound, this late in the season, so I skipped those.
A dinner at McDonalds, for all my good deeds. Yeah, but it's not like I eat there every day. Delicious, I don't care what you all think. Every dog has his a bone, and sometimes it's just for him. So... hush. I am tired though. I wore myself out quite well. Tomorrow I hope to make beef and noodles, cook up my habanero sauce, and just take it easy. But it is snowing again. I might have to do a bit more of that. If I can get to that early enough, I will do it in stages. If nothing else, if the boys show up, there will be a chunk or two tended. I am sore, but I don't think it is from the activity, or not alone. I raised my dose the final step today. And, yeah, that could be enough to give me some grief. Liquid readjustments don't cause this sort of pain. Medicine, or... doctor prescribed medicine, does or can. Might be a combination of my push and it's shove though too.
Good boys get treats... Nuts! :) Later, or... yeah... good night I do believe.
$4/lb apples? HFS! They come with a complementary 1/10 oz gold coin or what?
ReplyDeleteI like Gala, and those are around $1.50/lb these days.
Honey Crisps... I think that's what they are called. I know em' when I see em'. Yeah, but they are cheaper during some seasons. I go up to $2.50, occasionally when I haven't had them for a bit. I just wish I had woman to shop, and who learned what I like and watched, for a few items.
ReplyDeleteOh, the gold? The gold is absorbed right into the tongue.
Honeycrisp. I was going to guess that, truly. They do taste very sweet, like dipped in honey. But for my palate, I like apples that taste...appley. Galas do that for me without breaking the bank.
ReplyDeleteHmm, I might have to try them then. At least while HCs are off-season high. There are some other apples I like, but I can never remember which! Gala, eh? Oh... I'll put that into my smartphone pseudo-perma shopping list.
ReplyDeleteRemember, I don't shop but a few times a month, and then only when I am doing well enough to get out and have my kitchen in order to even cook. It's been a rough life in some odd ways. It's amazing though, even as rough as things have been, these last years have been... incredible. Being to the point of shopping, and figuring out what brands I like/need/want... I'm doing pretty good, considering...
Gala, huh. In the notes for my next trip to the store.