.
.
I did get over being grumpy and fed the girls before too long. But, as I said, supporting bad behavior just leads to more bad behavior. I'm not sure what was up with the girls last night. Unless it was just ghosts. Some of the sounds could not have been made by the girls. There were sounds right in my room, in the closet beside my bed, for example. Sometimes the sounds were thumps, sometimes it sounded more like someone unwrapping a gift. No, I'm not crazy. You just have to trust me. Though the noises don't disturb the girls, past lady friends have heard the noises. Initially to great consternation, until they got used to "me". I do think the dead have an affinity for me. There is nothing like a linen closet putting out sounds as if dishes or glasses fell and broke only to be opened an see a bunch of well folded sheets and pillow cases in their place.
I am a bit tired, a bit dizzy, but doing pretty good generally speaking. I am hoping to get to some kitchen cleanup, some dishes, and the pot roast tonight. Either that or nothing. Getting nothing isn't, actually, ever a goal. It is merely how things turn out when I realize it is bed time and nothing got done. It's not a plan, even with a plan in place it can and does happen. I simply lose track of time. And, even should I start something, I lose track and find myself right where I had been, not sure how I got there or what I was doing, and then... time passes. At least, these days, I am consciously aware that nothing has happened, roughly for how long, and can keep an eye on the things I want to do if opportunity knocks.
The game I am playing now is called God of War. Strange parallels to my life in there. Memory doesn't allow absolute surety, and what I am sure says some things are different. But the general nature of the thing is on target. I have used the game, coupled with music, before. Now I understand how right that combination was. The music was right, I simply didn't know about the game. It's not my favorite type of game. More button mashing, with some ideas in mind, a few sets of buttons that are favored, but mostly just *mash!*. Bleh. The story is okay, but a bit simple. Then again, most games are written for the younger set. I no more expect them to like, or even understand, complex themes than I expect them to like steak. Their taste buds, and minds, simply haven't matured. At least it there aren't huge inconsistencies or no story at all, really.
Hmm, It's almost seeming like time for a nap. Later.
"The game I am playing now is called God of War."
ReplyDeleteI've been finding time to play some Civilization IV.
Some poltergeist theory says it is not a ghost, but a troubled mortal soul that causes the effects.
ReplyDeleteThat's be you.
Whatever game you enjoy, Michael. A diversion, when all else fails, for me. If I had health, I probably would never play a game. I'd be out... doing them!
ReplyDeleteI've tried Civ games, the early ones. But it didn't seem like you could win (without cheating). Perhaps they have changed? The early ones, or ones like it, were meant to end badly, I do believe.
----------
Oh? Yeah, I suspect that is one of the ways Desert Cat. Those who have gone and returned have a little window open in them or around them. I don't know if it's the only way, but I am most certain it is a way. It doesn't just have to be those who have died and returned. But that probably makes it stronger, or creates it. Then again, I do believe I have always had this.
I don't know if it is random, or specific ghosts are called to certain of the living. What haunts me, usually, is quite pleasant, really. Bad ones would break real dishes and such, not just make some noise. Heck, they don't even bug my girls, or humans who have lived with me.