Monday, February 3, 2014

Just a bit better.

.
.
If you have ever swum in deeper water, much deeper, and gone through several layers of water temperature starting at warm surface water to cool, to cooler, to cold, and on into downright chilly water, you can have an idea of how I am improving.  I was pretty deep into illness, or exhaustion.  Yesterday I came right to the layer one level up, but didn't quite cross it.  I think I passed through that layer and actually rose to the next layer of "warmth".  I'm still a bit down in there.  I am starting to see the light though, and my body is feeling a bit more sensation.

It might have something to do with diabetes.  Either that, or whatever is causing the diabetes is what is wrong.  I have been eating and drinking the right stuff for weeks and my blood sugar has actually jumped in the last bit, now hitting over 300.  It simply doesn't make sense.  That might be part of the problem, or was affected by whatever, or...  Docs don't understand that medicine doesn't always work.  They have to see it to believe it.  Then, they want me to jump medication, which comes with it's own risks once whatever was causing the levels to rise goes away or gets better.  They would, and nearly have, medicated me to death before.  I can't fully trust them, or medication.  It's a tricky path I walk.

Oh, but I am going to get to a few things today.  I should be able to finish dishes.  I have a lot of washed laundry that... well... was never folded.  I'm not exactly sure what to do with all that.  To be honest, some of it may need to be washed again.  Some of it, I suppose, could be "dried" again, with a moist towel.  Some of it can just be put up.  I don't care if my unders have wrinkles!  :)  And, if those things go according to plan, I might see about vacuuming and sweeping, then steam vacuuming a few of the areas.  I am back to it, a bit.  It will depend on how much my body can literally handle.  But, for sure, if dishes go forward, I will pressure cook chicken and then crisp it as a finishing touch.  Chicken is just one of those good meats to have cooked and ready.

Just a tad better.  But it is enough to do some work.  The hope is that I can maintain this level enough that I can get into town this week, maybe set up a haircut appointment I missed recently and get my friend going, and do more around the cave.  Slowly, until I am back on my feet.  Napping when needed I suppose.  Ugh... My last increase in medication starts this week.  *shrug*  But I've got to do it.  I've... stalled and pussy-footed around with it as much as I dare.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I thought you were starting to feel better! Just do it. Up your meds now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. It's programmed into my medicine sets. And... I can wait until it's due. That's how I arranged things, I will stick with it. You do realize, as rough as it gets now, from time to time, that increase is going to hurt, hard, right? Take a cold water sitz bath on your porch in the winter. Yeah, like that.

    Oh, I wouldn't say I have slipped. Only, I have been on such thin ice, and this lake of frozen ice I am on is proving to be so long, plus all of the drenching from failed ice... It all just adds up, and that is what hit last night. Not a want of death, really. Just that, sometimes, for all my good deeds, you would think a little just desserts were in order? A taste of my own medicine? Hard that I may have been, I wasn't cruel. Of course, this might not be a cruel form of justice but a form of mothball operation. I may simply not be done yet. Or, it is an opportunity. I just wish the opportunity cost wasn't so very high.

    Just, as I said, nagging.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here