.
.
My time may be near, so I will... discuss some matters. As my father, and his Father, would will it. Fool? Of course. Happily. For my father's Father, and my Father, in sooth.
First, an ode to my father.
Now a thought. How a father can betray the Father in fact but not in spirit. Thus... me. Trust me, law will try to build a stinking pyre to heaven. But only truth will ever find it's way to God. Amen.
And, finally, something to consider. I will only negate one notion in this treatise upon the divine... Women will always be women and will always garner and nourish seed. This, as has been stated from the beginning to the end, is the most potent part of what the bible, to the Living Word Christ, suggests... suffer the children... God loves life and women will provide it, as below, above. More I will not say for you, as even Christ knew, you are not ready. You might mistake now for then. You might mistake here for there. You might sin so as to fulfill what is not yet the truth. You, and I, are not yet innocent enough to accept the truth. If, the Lord knows, I once... sought. God forgive me my ignorance.
This youngling is wise beyond his knowledge. His one flaw is forgivable. Dare to know. But... don't challenge save should you be willing to handle my Father, father, and myself.
As I said, my time may be drawing nigh. Don't believe anything you may hear. I cannot commit suicide and I am no longer of violence. Should I pass, carry on and deny the liars who wish to teach you to evil. God be with you. Amen.
greeted by Fra Angelica -well that is never unwanted. your time may be near? thats not wanted.
ReplyDeleteOh. Teh hello chickory. Reminders... I'm a bit of a story teller, and a tiny bit... paranoid. Mostly just a story teller, even iffin it doesn't always feel like it.
ReplyDeleteIf I am still alive in a month I will chalk it up as good for a chuckle (and suspect, with their hand called, they changed their plans! :p) A doctor and dentist to see, between now and then, and I'm not sure they are any safer. New doc, female, reads here... dangerous mix.
Ah, you know of Fra Angelica? Shoulda guessed it. I like finding the "old toys" the kids used to play with in good and bad times. Sometimes it's all their is, but it ain't too shabby, when focused. Don't worry too much about too much save a very general notion, unless you want to.
"Never wait for the last judgement. It takes place every day." (Camus)
ReplyDeleteYeah, maidens and oil, says it all. Well, and the dinner guests need to be properly attired, if that is provided it has to be used. Okay, there are many clues, Michael. But, yes, judgment day is personal, whether all who remain at once, many at a time, or each of us one at a time until then. There is no group forgiveness and no one will be with us on our own last steps to the docket.
ReplyDeleteThe waiting rooms are rather nice though, at least some of them. Unless that really was purgatory, as I suspect. I knew, even if it took a billion years, though, that I would see God. And I considered it worth the wait even if so. This next time, or at least the last time, I hope to get the fast-track pass through the pearlies. It's my goal, anyway.
I still suggest people live as if death is imminent. Because it is. You and I, I think, are lucky in that... we get to see it in a very special way. A little further down that road than most. Odd though, seeing further down the road, even being kept ignorant of my fatal health condition, for me, has lead to a longer life somehow. :p You would think doctors would see that and check their hubris at the door when coming in to see me.
Bah, grumpy morning after rambling... Or just rambling? Yeah, scratch grumpy, though still a bit sore, but that is different.
One of my favorite "Peanuts" cartoons has Charlie Brown suggesting to Lucy that she live each day as if it were her last. Her response is to start running around screaming "AUGHHHHH, I'M GONNA DIE IN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS! I ONLY GOT A DAY LEFT TO LIVE! HELP ME! HELP ME!" (Or words to that effect).
ReplyDeleteMy parents once related to me that, when I was born, the doctors told Mom I possibly wouldn't last through my first month. I was something of a medical wreck coming into the world.
(And yes, in retrospect that's a rather peculiar thing for parents to relate to a child. Fortunately, at the time, I was in my early Twenties.)
Anyway, some fifty-seven years later (soon to be fifty-eight), I like to believe I've become used to the idea of Death always being at my shoulder. The truth might turn out to be different. We'll see. Come to think of it, though, Death is at all our shoulders.
Took me a bit of time to realize it, but when I did, it was actually... comforting. After I regained my nerve anyway. Urhm, and with a heaping dose of faith.
ReplyDeleteBut as with Lucy, I think some people shouldn't ever think about some things. Now I actually think it's half funny, in some odd ways. Like gravity, biological requirements, and such... At an angle, there is room for humor.