.
.
As recently, and with my first massage, I am sleeping so hard that when I wake the world spins. Just that half tick to starboard. As if my bell was rung. Yeah been there, done that. And, I realize, massages open the waterways. They work far better than any diuretic I have taken. I suppose relaxation, for me, is difficult. I am also guessing it is thus quite needed. All of these are in the good.
The only downside is from everything being relaxed and shifted. As such I can't find a comfortable place to sit or rest in these first few days. Which means I tend to run into skeletal muscular headaches and pain as my body reformats it's world. Not as heavily this time, as well I found head rolls, about the neck, as a possible relief. Though, perhaps, there is more to the problem? I'll plug in the datas and see what the computer might suggest.
No matter though, I suspect it will take a few days and lots of sleep. I am surprised this is hitting as hard as it is. It must be the full hour session. Although, I worked myself to exhaustion in the week ending in the massage. I suspect there is added emphasis because of it. If I can push more, then relax better, and cycle that, I will win or die. Being lousy at dying is a bonus sometimes.
I called my mom. No Texas trip. My brother has too many things going on, as I suspected. Only the grandparents are invited. My mom will, even then, be flown in then out. No huge surprise. Some disappointment. A raincheck? We'll see. Mother thinks next year, but that is when the family reunion was hoped. Put that off another year? She suggests, while there, we sneak off a few days. She wants to see where Mardi Gras is held, I want to see the Alamo and possibly the western mountains or coast, both? Sea food! That way we aren't in their hair the whole time, but have a base? I could see staying at least a week this way. Maybe a wee longer if we get hotel rooms for several nights out. Perhaps visiting a city or two a local good ol' boy, repatriated son, is writing about... who might develop a mild itinerary?
When you are free as the wind, money is the only limit. With another year to save, that won't be much trouble. Though my mother would still like me to visit this year. Another extended stay. She may be moving. Possible. But more like two or three weeks. This time I'll book a room on the way, and back, before I go. They are all cracker box hotels. If I could find a better one, off the beaten path a bit, I'd take it. Hmm, a B&B? Actually, not a bad choice for Texas, if we make it.
I think I am recovering faster. Still a bit stiff, with nerve bundles and muscles bunched. My body is attempting to refuse relaxation. It's as if it doesn't understand. It is trying to put the body back into the shape it knows, understands. Imagine trying to get a wild animal to relax. Almost everything you do will make it worse. I have mind and spirit or soul to help the flesh make new connections, if that has limits. That is part of the heat problem. Even when bound, a wild animal can yet resist to the utter limits of it's restraints, even if the restraints are simple exhaustion. Yeah, that is probably it. Thank you, subconscious computer.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here