Monday, March 12, 2018

What a crash. Mommy?

.
.
Immediately, I think, after that last post, I fell so hard and fast that when I hit black, what I thought must be bottom, I kept going.  Imagine you are piloting a Mustang.  You lose part of a wing.  You are keeping it at a easy loop down.  Then some jackwagon shoots off the tail, and for good measure, the rest of the wing and the ejection controls.  Hush, couldn't reach those until stabilized, which had just about happened when a funny thing happened on your way out.

Now your spinning into the dirt.  All controls are frozen or dead.  You have hurled everything in your guts, and more.  And you have just started your descent, it's 20,000 and minusing.  Only, to ease your mind, you realize these g's will cause you to black out, maybe die, in very short order.  Only it doesn't.  It doesn't?  No, it doesn't.  You ride the burning chunk of groaning roaring spitting metal right into the dirt.  Only, impossibly, it keeps going, after a massive shudder from the hit.

Where I ended up, in this, the next world, a dreamscape, or some mix?  I'm... finding my real limits?  Expanding them?  It doesn't hurt, if I am a bit disoriented, slightly sweaty... between flushing hot and cold.  Groovy, baby.  Let's do it again, daddy!  Whatever.  I fell similarly recently, if with nowhere near this intensity.  No complaints, if the world would settle.  Still spinning at a very light clockwise tilt... about half a knot to starboard.

When did I crash.  After 9:00.  Can't use the blog timestamp, I've seen that hours off in both directions on the same day.  I am sure it was at least well into 9:00, nearing 10:00, at least.  I had done no more work.  Part of my problem was I was so tired I couldn't get up to go to bed?  I think so.

I woke at 17:45 or later.  Ah, part of the problem is it is getting so hot.  With the fan, it was up to 65 F.  This time of year, for me, that is brutally hot sleeping weather.  More 40, or 50 on hot days, is normal and preferred.  Brutal.

Anyway, after prime 'morning' duties, I decided to check the grains.  Two ways...  One, of course, is to weigh the pre-weighed grains and compare numbers.  Another way would be to take a sample of the un-sprouted and sprouted, of similar volume, weighing each and comparing those numbers.  I did both.  The first seemed the most accurate.  Actually, in either case, they lost some mass.  They are drier than they were, by five to seven percent, double that or more for the method I am doubting.  In any case, I am thinking between six and twelve hours for that, if I'd like to improve (decrease that range to an hour either way) those numbers and develop a spot on test for equalized drying between start and finish.

You know, even if it won't work for gruel, I could just cook some of the whole sprouted berries.  Enough to try a bowl with butter, and enough to add to some meat mix.  I need to refresh my meat crumble mix, and cabbage on the side sounded good too.  The berries would fit in well, I suspect.  Just... in case the gruel is a bust.

Then I ground what nearly filled a quart jar with course ground.  Bleh, it's just flour.  I can't tell the difference between this and regular grind.  Not sure it will work for gruel?  I was a bit disappointed, if there may be no need.  I'll pout a good half more hour to half the day before seeing about my gruel dilemma.  I bottled and labelled that, which went into the fridge.  Then I just put the rest of the dry sprouted and still otherwise whole grains into tig ol'... I mean a big ol' jar.  Wiggle those wheat berries!  And label them.  Gotta keep em' separated.  Label EVERYTHING.  Time, date, exactly what it is.  I'm slowly learning, if often the hard way.

Back to work when and if I can.  Gotta do some things.  Others can wait until the world stops spinning.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here