Monday, January 22, 2024

Canceled.

.
.
I had to cancel.  While technically awake, and in time.  To get a shower in, dress, and be there on time, would have been... unlikely.  I could have rescheduled.  But, honestly, I don't know when I will be awake and functiong.  More?  After that last appointment?  I'll not go see a doctor for this problem again.  If the infection continues, I may ask to go back in.  But, even that, won't be a wound treament, just for more or different antibiotics.

I simply won't allow torture passing for medical care to happen.  I already feel so much better.  I will take my morning pills and go back to bed.  Took a few calls, but lucked out and got the right one the second time.

I am beginning to suspect they are trying to chase people away from "medical care".  And are succeeding.  People will only go in if they are quite literally dying, and maybe not even then.  If I am going to die, why bother being tortured while it happens.  I'm not convinced doctors care.

It wasn't as if they were overworked, either.  At the clinic I visited, there were two people trying to be served.  The other was in a group, a family.  Didn't speak English.  Had some sort of government insurance.  That... was it.  It's a large building.  I would bet they could serve... twenty to forty easily, sixty to eighty at a rush if they had more staff.  One doctor and once nurse seemed to be employed.

Strange.  I guess the V.A. is rather typical.  Both in care procedures, and people backing away.  Even the old and sick are staying away.  I just wish we had access to medicines, at least typical ones.  So we could just look it up and order.  I'll tell you, with my leg as it was, I'll take those medicines until they are gone.  Not all that expensive, but... even though they are brutal, the infection got my attention.  However, they shouldn't have tortured me.

My whole body was tensing, ready to have to fend off "medical care".  No... I... think I'll go without.  If the infection remains, continues, I'll... see about going back in, or just calling in.  Doctors don't need to be seen to be used.  Just go to the next antibiotic in the line... call it in... and I'll pick it up.  Useless paperwork pushers, collectors, and torturers.  No.  Blood sugar is already down, a bit, for the morning, at 113 fasting.  I wonder if it will continue to go down now that I don't have to worry about being brutalized?  We'll see, but I would bet money so.

Ugh.  Meds and on back to bed.  Where I can get some rest.  Good morning and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here