.
A wound clinic appointment. This morning. I wasn't sure I would make it. Even feeling better, getting a shower, getting dressed, and getting out on time, were all tricks I had to push to complete.
I haven't been tending the wound well. So it was a bit rough, but not too awful. The doctor is having me go back to the honey treatment. It's not my favorite, it stings a bit. I will do it, I will do it as well as I can. He did teach me a minor trick, as to getting it to fit in more comfortably. It will, does, burn a bit. A price I will pay in order to get this stupid thing healed.
I think, given the speed of healing of my other wounds, this wound is becoming... annoying. To them, to me. No one's fault, mind you. It is just that we all keep... pushing for this stupid thing to heal up! I hope they don't blame me. I am doing what I can.
I even purchased compression socks to wear at night. I am hoping open toe will work. Closed toe gets far too cramped, hot, and toe jammed for my willingness to tolerate. I ordered two sizes... will figure out which size works, then order a few more pair. Gotta clean them after three wears, and may need to size up or down a bit based on what else is happening with my body.
Closed toe are fine for the day, as long as I am not planning on a lot of waking. For them to be tight enough to help with the wound, they... are very uncomfortably for much walking. Gah! So many things I have learned, and figured out, sorted out, over the healing process. I just wish this would just heal!
Getting it picked at every two weeks, and changing dressing every few days, and the pain of that and just the pain of the wound with or without anything else, is dragging life down just a bit. It's the little things, they sort of catch up to me. Like pebbles in shoes, with no way to get them out. Can only stop do so once in a while, too far too go, too little time to get there, so suffering is required. And, so it is.
A gift for those in purgatory though. There is that. And, yes, at some points in that journey, they will happily have their burden shared. There are specific, and non-specific, people I offer these things in order to help. Hopefully everyone is through, but I can't know. It's not like I can see the smoke signals from here. :p
-------
I then went to one bank, then another. The second bank wasn't open yet? So, on to costco. Nope, they weren't open yet either. Bah! So I just went on home. I'll have to get out sometime again this week. But am so tired. May go on to back to bed. Getting up and going was an amazing feet, given my condition. While doing better, I am still so absolutely exhausted. I'll be sleep a lot in the next few days. Hoping to... be able to be awake at the right time, and well enough, to do a few small things.
It's a brutal event I am finishing. Like the end of a three day marathon like event. Only, it's death I am fleeing, not a line I am seeking to cross. I think I made it out. But, like a massive whirlpool, and a ship, how... far is far enough? I'm not quite out of it's pull. But I am... steaming ahead, making gains, if pretty damned tired for it.
All good in any case. Life, death, I'm good. But I'll keep living if I can. I'll try to live. God gifted me this, then taught me it's value. So be it. Later, or much later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here