.
.
It may not seem like much to do. But to me, it was the sun, moon, and stars rolled into a trip. A meal was eaten, a bit of shopping was done, a return trip. I enjoyed a sensation as if I had gotten away with the crown jewels and a quick little kiss squealingly, gleefully, stolen from one of the fairer, oh so ready, princesses. Well, maybe not that good. Work with me. Odd thing happened. Where I was eating dinner, I heard three songs played, songs that I have played here, songs you will never hear on the radio, certainly not together. I was so shocked, when I realized, that I didn't get which ones. Mazzy Star, a hard rock/heavy metal male group, and maybe Nightwish? I was absolutely stunned. Then the music went back to the worst of the modern dance musac.
Now, while you might hear Mazzy Star, and very rarely but possibly Nightwish, or even a heavy metal song, to hear them together, out here in rural-land, at any point in time, is a coincidence that cannot be. What happened I cannot say. I will say that it was not some accident of fate. Oh, I enjoyed it, I just don't believe it. I was so shocked, when I realized I was listening to my music, I couldn't remember the groups, save Mazzy Star's song. I know I played the heavier guy band one recently, but... I simply was so shocked I couldn't pull it up. Is my blog being used for a playlist on some radio station? Could someone at a small restaurant in the middle of the night know me and have my music on a device? Crazy, baby. Yeah, I know, I am paranoid. But this happened. And it IS crazy. Beautifully crazy, but... I'll take any little such gift, accident or directed gift matters not. A gift of fate or forethought is yet a gift, and this a sweet one.
I couldn't cool the rig down quickly upon returning. And I almost left the Xt'er lit and sitting in the drive. I went out to collect a food dish for Sam, however, realizing they hadn't received their last meal for the day. Doing that saved me a bit of a tank of gas, or worse. Being that I don't go out often, she might have bled herself dry of gas. Ugh! Yeah, well, when everything is a strain and forgetfulness is the way, life can become very complicated very quickly. I just got lucky.
Oh, last night, I met the new missionaries. They are... well... girls! Urhm, young women I should say, no longer children these. I have met many missionaries. I have heard that they have women type missionaries. I just was beginning to think there must be something akin between dwarf women and Mormon missionary women. Oh, I have seen many quite attractive LDS women, don't think otherwise, but nary a missionary. In any case, since there is no lady in residence, for propriety's sake, they must have a local woman in attendance when they visit. Fair enough. Should I send my daughters out I should like just such safeguards. Doesn't matter that these younglings are daughterlings to me. In any case, they offered to help.
So, before too long, I may get some help cleaning the home, the kitchen would be of primal interest. I let them know that I can help, I just have to be... helped to help, urhm, told what to do. I have some goals between now and then, though. I want to clean the bathroom one more time. A clean bathroom isn't just a gift to women, but a need. Well, and get some things cleaned and cleared to get rid of some malodorous afflictions around and about. See, they are already helping... if I can... figure out how to get to those things. Gah! I feel such a fool. I am curious to see what difference young ladies will bring to the conversation of their work. As I have said, discussing God is always a good thing, especially, at times, with those who have a slightly different take. Oh, and nary a beard, not even a likeness of form or voice!
Oh, well, and I haven't continued to fall. Normally, at the pace I was going into that dark, I would be hitting psychic blindness by this point. That I got out, that I am contemplating a cleaning work order or three, the music, then women missionaries? Just a delightful set of... instances... have me quite... curious about the world, ways of things, and how things work all over again. As a child who is introduced and enjoys the first strains of a new love of music, perhaps Vivaldi's Four Seasons, or Greensleeves done by a traditional group, or the first hearing of some of the truly wonderful music of the faith.
So much shock in such a short order. I tell you, the planet is shifting or something. But I will take it and just enjoy the little gifts. Satan may have abandoned me, and good riddance, in my personal hell, but Father hasn't. He walks even here. Later.
Oh no, he's just sending his missionaries in at night. :P
ReplyDelete