.
.
Backlash from pushing. Even if I had figured most things out, and was doing well. Though I didn't realize the push in my mind my body had been suffering from it. So, yesterday at about 10:00 I started to feel the call to sleep. I kicked it in the teeth, first off. I am getting stronger again. It came back at about noon. Another boot to the muzzle but this time it gained purchase, clinging and closing. I knew it would happen but fought, and hard and well. I thought a nap might fix it. Actually I was so sure it would just be a nap I didn't set the alarm for dinner time.
Pop! Eyes opened to a dark world. Yeah, but the sun goes down so early, especially if it's cloudy, which I think it was when I was going down. Ah, but... a quick check. Nope, not buried under the blankets this time. I still chuckle about that time. So I rolled and rumbled to wakefulness. Glasses, pistol, phone... were grabbed. They pretty much stay with me. Mostly. The phone only goes in there when I play soduko puzzles, rarely, to rest... or bring it in while dazed into sleep like this time. Time, I kept forgetting to check. It was 1:20? Really? Maybe that clock was off. If in doubt, I check two or three various clocks and the cell phone and computer. Ah well. Medicines weren't taken, but I have fixed that. I will just be sort of off on timing, but not too badly. As well, I will try to push through the day today, to catch up and keep the day cycle as well as I am able. It is better then to continue racing ahead with time/day advancement. It also gives me a chance to slow that advancement to a crawl, so as to not overshoot the day schedule.
Yeah, it's crazy stuff. But it's what I have to work with, put up with, deal with. I remember a time when I was always busy, in danger, working, and playing when that time was offered. Sleep was a luxury, and was had when it was available. Two days up? Oh well, grab a few winks then do it again. You would be absolutely amazed what the right set of incentives can make you do, allow you to do. What doesn't kill you makes you a go-a-holic. I just don't have the incentives, then again, not sure how much my flesh will support post illness. I know it about killed me, literally, when incentives and will were in place as my body slid to the brink of death in so many ways. I'm already pushing lines that make the doctors and nurses squirm as if watching a baby crawling on the edge of a 10 storied building. I see it in their eyes. Some of them... are on my side of the thing, finally, though. One of them even said she was... proud of me. Quietly, not to be too overheard, by other patients?, though before a doctor who was none too happy, with either of us. :) Not all fiction, boys and girls, not all.
Well... A new pot of coffee is brewing. I drank the last bit of the old. I do prefer fresh brew but I am a brute. Well, more in the winter, due to the added warmth. Fresh brew is better, but not at all necessary for me. As long as it is good coffee to start. I can drink it right to the point of... strange brew, and do. You would be amazed at what I can eat and drink with nary a hiccup. I wouldn't recommend this for most of you, not the elderly, very young, or even middle aged. Unless you know you can handle... what would make an FDA inspector crap his pants just from understanding... don't eat my stuff. You can eat with me. I know good from bad. And I wouldn't consider serving bad to others. Just, for myself? Hamburger left out too long? Just a little tangy. Stuff with foreign growths? Just a little funky flavor, perhaps extra protein. Though... for aesthetic purposes, I do have some limits, for myself. But... it's probably well outside of your limits. An ogre, I tell you.
Off to... wake up time. A bit of sugar, today, in the coffee. I get that, now, as a treat, two, rarely three, times a week. Since I am no longer doing splenda, however, I have noticed that I can again taste sweetness. And I actually enjoy it. Splenda, while it has it's purposes, confuses the taste buds. It's nice to have my flavor profile for sweetness back in order. A treat only? Who knew. :p Later.
Anyways..
ReplyDeleteIt's 2014.. Happy New Year!
Dang. Howabouthat? I haven't commented here since sometime last year!
ReplyDeleteoh, forgot.
ReplyDelete**ducks!**
Hi ya foam! Thought I had scared you off. Or... made you womanangry at my manstuff. :p Happy New year:)
ReplyDeleteYeah, Desert Cat, you have been hit and miss through the year? *grin*
As per protocol. *duck* no, no, *ducks* I never know where it is coming from next, if... sometimes I really do start it. *ducks* Just... making sure.
Oh, I've been angry at your stuff before this at times, but not this time around. :-) I wa out and about and meant to comment earlier but internet connections were lousy at times.
ReplyDeletefoam,
ReplyDeleteGlad to know. Sometimes I don't even see it, often. Always feel free to rant when I step on a toe while intent on... saying... something. It might hurt, but... if you are hurt, fair to share it out.
Besides, a little hard feedback lets me know, rightly or wrongly, what... is happening.
And, yes, Desert Cat, I do know. Just laid some alternate bait for... to get you to... talk. I do. Didn't send that vibe on purpose, but can see where the chords would sting. Odd how some things are more than they appear, at various angles. Ezy brzy burn.
We will see. I am not one for sparring on the blogs though. If I feel like knocking you upside the head because of your opinions, I'll try to make it a friendly wallop .. :-)
ReplyDeletefoam,
ReplyDeleteFair enough. Just know if you feel the need, I do understand. If it is too private, I understand that too. I stumble into hornet's nest on a regular basis in my fumbling stream of consciousness. Don't even know what drives me here, or there, just... I write. I speak quite similarly, so, yeah...
Just don't worry about having a rash attack. A gentle thump is fine too, though! *get... off my toe!* :) :P