Monday, July 15, 2019

Watering and resting.

.
.
An attempt at resting.  Too hot, even with all efforts.  Still too hot.  Hopefully I'll figure out a cooler, more restful, day tomorrow.  I did figure out how to get the upstairs down to 73° by midafternoon.  Closing the vent wasn't enough.  I filled the cavity with plastic.  Perhaps it will be cooler through the day, without leaking, seemingly uselessly, down into the main of the house.

The front and back lawn were watered as soon as the sun went down enough.  Watering while shining would burn more than it already is.  There is some greening.  It is rough out there.  I am considering building shade out there.  Just one 20 by 20 foot section, and just from the midafternoon sun.  A seven foot fence, for some distance.  Angled with solar and earthly rotations, so less than 20 feet should be needed.  The rest of the lawn is back, and grass, greening.  That one area is brown and other than grass.  Affordability?  Perhaps if I could obtain old pallets?

By 19:30 it was 65° or so.  I had real hopes it would cool more.  Here at a quarter to eleven it is still just 65°.  All fans going, and it isn't cooling at all in here.  It feels a bit cooler, it just isn't measurable.  ...  While considering all, I thought to measure the spare ac and upstairs windows.  It, doesn't fit, with the fins on.  I took those off.  Even then I had to muscle it in.  But, finally, I may have enough cooling horsepower to create a comfort zone!  No promises, but there is more hope.

Blood sugar has been up and down.  Actually, it wasn't for heat or ac or watering that I am still up.  Blood sugar has been wobbling.  A heat issue?  Less consumption?  I have been measuring no eyeballing things.  Actually I think I had been cutting myself short with cream.  Anyway, my last reading was 79.  While I don't have warning signs, I didn't want to just let it go.  One more check... then a shower and to bed, if it works.  If it is still dropping, a carb dose.

And???  66!  Dropping a tab and waiting another hour.  Only one minor dose, I thought.  Hmm, no worries.  Both ac's are running.  Should be nice when I finally get up there.  Cool enough, I will turn one off and put the other on a timer.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here