Thursday, June 9, 2022

Awake, finally.

.
.
Sleeping was a bit difficult.  It is beginning to get warm.  Both fans were running.  It's cool enough, downstairs.  Even the front room, which will be the warmest from now on, is 74, as was upstairs.  The main and farther back into the house it is 68.  So... Though, if I fire the ps4 up, that will change.  I haven't been bothering for a while.  Games made for, really, the ps5... which is unobtainable, and unwanted anyway, overpriced... nowhere near the promised price.  Plus, I'm not sure games are any better on there.  When the programming doesn't fail, the visuals do, or the whole thing just has to be rebooted.  

Console gaming, and probably computer gaming, is dead.  No one, who would use one, or their parents, can afford them.  Computers less than anything.  Crypto mining is seeing the computers being unobtainably expensive.  Not sure that is a bad thing.  Perhaps, if the industry survives?  They will slim down and begin directing their content to the only people who were every willing to shell out and play.  At this point, I haven't seen a game that is a) functional... even months after release b) isn't loaded with sjw (leftist) tard crap c) with systems that are anywhere near affordable, or available d) without tracking and listening systems built in.

I am sure there are subgenres which might still be out there.  But the single game, fps, and mission oriented, are gone.  What men and boys would like to play, as primaries.  Rpgs seem to be around.  Jrpgs (Japanese role playing games) too, but those are... aimed at the prepubescents more than the grown.  The voices.  Yea gods!  Those are annoying.  I remember waiting for my voice to change so I didn't have to sound like a small diesel engine in great need of grease.  Ugh.  And, the girls too.  Only, their voices never cracked over.  They are STILL annoying, if they were more annoying even so, when younger.  

Strategy?  I think they are still making those.  Are they forcing women's units in, without making them as lame as they really are?  And else?  I don't know.  I just know that fps are out of the running.  Can't program them, and the systems can't play them.  Nothing, going forward, is worth buying for a ps4 user, and ps5 aren't worth the risk of buying, even if they were available affordably.  If... I honestly think that was the plan.  They have wanted to kill gaming for decades.  Congrats, you have done it.

Blood sugar was a little high, at 163 fasting.  But... not terrible, considering I ate a good lot of mints to stave off a crash.  Really, given all, not bad.  Terrifying to feel that coming on, know it could hit.  But, honestly, the mints are less strenuous on the system than carb tabs?  Weird, but true.  If I had eaten the equivalent of carb tabs, I might well be in the 200s.  Though, last time it worked out, if I was much more careful with how much I ate of those.  This time, I ate until I was good... good on good!  So... these are better.

Today?  I don't know.  A shower, chores, maybe to dishes, and some laundry?  Maybe nothing, again.  Having trouble getting going.  Best thaw several packages of meat.  I thought the warming would be good.  But... it's feeling rough.  I can't seem to make it out, one way or the other.  I haven't given up, I just can't do much.  Yet?  Later.

Oh, and... watch it out there.  Your self-importance doesn't mean a whole lot.

2 comments:

  1. "Console gaming, and probably computer gaming, is dead. No one, who would use one, or their parents, can afford them."

    I am in the process of breaking in a new computer, and now, after finally getting a decent machine, am facing the possibility that there are no games worth playing that will work with Windows 11. I would like Sid Meier's Colonization, and MicroProse's Mechcommander . . . two games I enjoyed years ago . . . but they don't seem to be available for newer computers.

    Perhaps Space Engineers, which looks interesting. But I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. It's even worse than I thought! I thought they would still be cranking games out for 'real' machines. Now, something you can, possibly, do... that those with crank machines and consoles can't, is... possibly... create simulators... XP, and the others? Sometimes those games will play on 11, natively, somehow (no guarantee). But there are definitely sims out there, for better machines, for older versions of windows. Or... so I thought. Used to be that way.

    Or... you could get a boot disk (uhrm, assuming you have a dvd rw or such, or better drive) for linux. Then again, I could, on this machine, but... I... am not sure I really can. So tired, more to learn, a bunch to set up.

    It's almost like it's not worth doing, when they just offer trash woke broken software, even for that. The world has fallen, and no one cares. At one time, even games were taken very seriously. Now? It's all trash, before it is even completed.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here