Monday, November 20, 2023

A long day out.

.
.
First to my second bank.  A minor withdrawal and a readjustment to how much I pull from my main account.  Took forever!  Computer problems and new teller.  No... big deal.  But got it done.  Then, to put the withdrawal into my main account.  Their... computer was inoperable, or their system.  Gave me a written, essentially, iou?  Yes.  I hope I don't lose it.  Just checked... it... is in.  Goody.

No, things happen.  I wasn't worried about the time or trouble.  I started out well early so as not to have problems.  I was worried about wearying too much, later in the day.  But... I would deal with that was required.

Having done that, I filled the Xterra, for the drive.  Salt Lake City, again, but this time with plenty of time, and not at rush hour.  My official appointment wasn't until 13:30, but I had hoped to do blood work beforehand.  I had spoken with them, last Friday, to set it up.  Still, the hope was to be there an hour or two early.  Check.

A bit before noon, strolling in.  They had not set up the bloodwork.  So, I went down and discussed it with the front desk.  Of my g.p.'s office.  They got it sorted, sent me back up.  They wanted a pee test, but that... wasn't possible.  Even if I had known, I wouldn't have been able to hold it that long.  Still the rest was done.

Some things don't look good.  But... nothing there ever looks good.  Further, with this recent change, thing are going to begin changing very fast.  BP was a bit high, though I'm not sure I trust there equipment, and I still wonder if bacon, yesterday, is part of the problem.  Though, too, I am just now sorting medication.  I don't... have it exactly.

I did offer him the choices, between the various medicines.  And, mostly, he agreed with my plan.  Better to have one, with slightly higher dosage, than two or three tiny dosages.  We discussed plans, as to sorting blood pressure, and medicine.  We don't... agree on a lot of things though.

I was finally able to get him to offer a short term disability tag.  I do avoid using it, but this summer, worse than usual, my balance has sucked.  And, since cutting carbs, even now it's like I am drunk.  Clumsy feet.  As I get more weary, the worse it gets.  Though, perhaps in time, that will get better.

Kidneys is it?  Something is really off.  Worse than last time.  So... in I go.  They called on my way home, and I talked to them.  Up there, in person... I had options.  I prefer to deal with whom I am dealing.  Conference calls and other such are just... yuck.  So, no.  I want to see, eye to eye, who I am talking to, and suss out what the function is.

As well, in spite of clumsy feet?  Getting out today was, otherwise, quite good.  I mean, it did me good.  I was able to focus.  Driving was a pleasure, more so being in plenty of time.  My feet were clumsy, but otherwise I didn't feel strained, worn, pushed, pinched (as I usually do).  I really enjoyed getting out.  For me?  Now?  Trips SLC are... better.  And, functionally, I trust the VA up there more than the options... as well as hating some sort of "smartphone" tech, or whatever they would be using.

Very good.  I even put in the request for transportation reimbursement.

When I finished with the V.A., I decided to see if I could find Whole Foods.  It moved, used to be right on 4th, the path in.  Now you have to hit the right turn, along 4th.  I can never remember which street.  Hmm... may have to add them to my phone.

Thanksgiving.  And dinner?  Either a steak or something from there, or a steak out.  My reward for... being a good boy.  I found turkey thighs and wings.  Nice looking, fresh (enough?), but they smelled right.  It's... always smell.  Then I bought an acorn squash and yam... or sweet potato?  One of the two.  They don't even always label them correctly, so...  Oh, and I cheated on my diet, right away.  Two honey crisp apples.  Uhrm, both consumed, since arriving home.  I washed them first!

Then?  I saw their steaks.  Oh my word.  Okay.  I... took a ribeye.  Very thick cut.  Prime.  Is there better?  Not the Japanese beef, but as fat speckled as America provides, which is enough for me.  And more.  A big hunk of the stuff.  Expensive, but a meal out would have cost more and I would have gotten less and worse... save at Maddox's, but I don't think they are open Mondays.  So... yes.

I ate those apples with some glee.  It's been a while.  And I was hungry, having fasted all day.  Then I got the steak salted, peppered, and with garlic powder.  It's going an hour.  So big.  I'll bake it for half an hour, then go sear it.  Oh, I am so excided.  The turkey will be a thing for Thanksgiving.  Though I may have thanksgiving early.  I had thought of having chicken, but...  And, I may cook that too.  Just... feast on fowl through the week?

The squash, and yams, are a bit off carnivore.  But, I've... done well.  I will eat lightly of those, as well.  It is a year for giving thanks.  I think I have found... the way.  I found God, or... He found me... long ago.  But, the path to better health.  There... is some solid hope.  Fail, try again.  Until you die.  Or don't?  But, eventually, we... all hit bottom.  Just not this year?  *grins*

My legs feel like they are in irons or something.  The heavy boots don't help?  Aye, but they honestly don't hurt.  It's just as bad with just my slip-on featherlight and less house slippers.  No, my feet are... at odds with the rest of my health.  I am hoping they will improve.  I need to get out walking.  Even if it doesn't do any other good, maybe it will help return some strength and agility.

Wonderful.  I'll get the oven heating.  Then do some cleaning of the griddle.  I'm hoping to do a bit of gaming tonight, annoying as it is.  But... I am thanking God for all that is happening.  Even if I die, it will be while trying.  Against every odd, I still shoulder on.  And enjoy it.  And... dream of women!  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here