Friday, April 13, 2012

Well, things are happening, despite the day.

.
.
Friday the 13th? Should have known. I got in and did some business with the city. I've been late paying them, so I think I got caught up, then gave them post-dated checks to keep me caught up for about six months. I asked about help with turning off the water (which ended up being quite simple, I was off by just one foot). Never mind. So the water, for now, is off. I found a plumber, a local one, and am waiting for a return call. Then I made it into town and reserved a tux. That didn't go quite as planned, either. They needed a credit card to officially hold it. I, of course, had my checkbook but not my wallet. Which meant I had to drive home to get the card in on time so I couldn't stop in and see my friend. Perhaps tomorrow after the ceremony, though it will be late. Ugh.

I am still a bit grumpy from lack of sleep. The thing woke me... whenever, what, 1:00 or so? Then I kept getting up to check on it. I have done tons of work getting the water up. Hmm, I might be able to pick some of the water up again, then try draining the heater again. Of course I will have to do more sopping and wringing after that, due to how leaky the draining technique is. But do I want to drain it knowing I will need to turn the water on for a shower tomorrow, meaning that the tank will refill? No, I suppose not. But a little more sopping after a bit of rest wouldn't be all bad.

*shrug* It happens.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here