Thursday, April 12, 2012

A few tasks.

.
.
I have been thinking about a number of things for a long time. Among them stocking up on plastic toothpicks (can't find them locally) and ordering caffeine so that I don't have to worry so much about (or drink as much) soda. Oh, I have looked, and looked, and ordered what I thought was the right thing, and such, for the toothpicks. I simply could not find the right ones. Well, finally, today, on a whim, I gave it another shot. And right there, I think nearly the first item in the search results, there the toothpicks where! They now have micro ones (or always have but I have never seen them before). The regular ones are excellent for all over and general use, but the micro ones might be much better for meat stuck in the back teeth. The regular sized ones sort of tear it up and get bent all up trying to loosen foods from my back teeth. If you really hate to floss (or simply don't remember to do so, me... I hate flossing), then these things really help. I haven't had them for a while and it shows when I go to the dentist. When I have them I just use them after meals or even when sitting at the computer or gaming (when I'm not using my ear cleaner). If you are still into American made (which I can be, if the quality really is still there and the price reasonable), these are that. It's like flossing off-and-on all day. Your dentist WILL notice.

As for the caffeine, I found their site (5150) but am having trouble ordering. Not sure what the problem is, but... I sent a query through their system. I remember D.C. had suggested Adralin. So I also went and looked. I might order some of that, too, as a trial. Actually, I put it in my cart and will be considering things (finances). Caffeine is very hit or miss with me, as are most medications/drugs. It seems even the stuff docs give me are very hit or miss. They might not work at all until some dosage is reached or something else happens, then they can cause extreme overload. Useful dosage is variable and of a very limited range. It has been like trying to pin the tail on a bucking donkey. Still, I keep trying. If nothing else the liquid caffeine could help me cover for when I run out of other caffeinated soda and can't make it to town.

CAVEAT: I can't tell you 5150 is a great product, yet, personally. All I can say is that it is the one I have decided to give a first chance.

I had to do something, I was falling asleep. Gaming wasn't working at keeping me awake today and it was too early for a nap. Research has worked for a bit. Plus I have toothpicks on the way and a few links set up with some ongoing stuff. Not that it matters too much, but I have stayed up just a little longer. I have run out of extra time though. Nap time. I will either choose it or fail at some point. A nap before I get too tired might keep the nap at just a few hours or less and make the nap functional at allowing rest rather than being just a dead-log, pain-inducing, collapse. So, in I go. Can I haz some milk and cookies first? Bleh. Maybe I have something, an empty stomach seems to make the upset stomach worse, oddly. Later.

1 comment:

  1. After my experiment with Adralin, I'm a tad leery of it. There is a bit too much of a stimulant effect from one of the ingredients for my heart's comfort. I've discontinued it's use after experiencing some angina.

    I may, going forward, order some of the individual ingredients in the blend, leaving out the one or two I have a concern about.

    Your mileage may vary, but they do warn about its use by individuals with heart conditions.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here