.
.
I've been hedging toward better things. It is paying off. I still have much to do, I'm literarily running in water up to my waste through muddy sand, but I am moving again. Dishes and laundry were finished today. A haircut was obtained. Time with a friend was had. A meal with a woman type was arranged. And I thought that was good.
Then I got home and was slowly sinking into restfulness. Then one neighbor stopped by to bring dinner! Excellent too. Then another neighbor stopped by to let me know a case sale was happening, something they had mentioned before. A good way to stock up on provisions for the short to intermediate term. And to let me know he will be using his horses to do his field, something I want to see, soon. I was invited to go see. And I will.
I didn't have much more going on to do more than eat and rest. But that is fine, for now. I can only jump through just so many hoops before I must rest. I think I worked these last few days just right. Not too much, but with enough emphasis that I actually got things done and might possibly be able to keep on track doing so.
Tomorrow will probably be another slow day. I may, as I mentioned, go through my pack gear, sorting day and overnight packs and gear. I have lunch out, and maybe some minor gear shopping. And then perhaps just a bit of cleanup in my living room. I have added the toilette cleaning tablets to the toilette, so I may give that another flush tonight, and one per day for sure for a while to see if it is enough.
I'm in a weird place. I realized, today, that I have one of the hardest jobs on the planet, and most humble. I must, because of my body, stumble and fall. That's not my job, that's my reality. My job is to get up every time, as soon and strongly as I am able. I never know when I will fall. I don't know how hard I will fall. It hurts just as much as any physical fall, and is more embarrassing because there is no visible cause. My job is very difficult. Beyond the appearances and shame of not being able to keep promises there is the fear of getting up. I know I will fall again, after getting up, and soon. It has to happen. Still, that is what is given to me and I will do it until I really can't get up. At least now I have figured it out. In this one instance, knowledge does help.
I think it's about bedtime for this one. Mark it 21:00, all is well. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here