Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter?

.
.
I have always wondered about mixing "Happy" with "Easter". I realize it is a happy occasion, but it is more a joyous or even more holy occasion. Shouldn't it, like Christmas, be Merry Easter? Oh, I know, tradition and other rot. Getting people to switch over would be too much hassle, some might even quit being Christians for the frustration of having to be correct, or... something. Never mind. *sigh*

Easter is about God, Christ, life, and many other things. But it is very personal too. I can't say that I literally dug my way out of a grave. I can say I have risen from as close to death as men have known and more than once. I can't say what it means to me, I haven't earned perfected flesh, so I get the wash-and-rinse old skin, along with the flaws, limits, and such. But... I do realize more than most what coming back from death after three days means. I also realize how possible that is, even from my much more minor experiences. Though I must say, to my mind, Christ rose, I was risen. He acted, I was acted upon. By what or who I cannot say, perhaps just the forces God put in play, perhaps God Himself, for His own reasons.

Still, I know my betters. I will bow to a good father or mother, I will honor a good person, I will respect my elders, and I will always know God.

Have a Merry Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here