.
.
I'm not sure what time I went to bed last night. Easter dinner was quite good though. A neighbor family invited me to dine with them. Roast beef and pork, with all the fixings. Good conversation and some possible help on a few things. Perhaps even a hiking partner, one who knows the area I have as my pinnacle hike, the Wellsville hike. Given all considerations, he thinks maybe an overnight hike in the summer might be the best plan of attack for that, at least to see how I do. His son is considering things as he nears graduation, he still has another year but... He is considering mechanical engineering and possibly the military. I don't want to sway him, it has to be his choice. But I have those calculus (and other math) cd's I would gladly lend him if he decides to go that way and decides to take standard calc his senior year. As for the military, I just suggest that it's a tough road to hump but it will see him possibly on the way to a good career if he chooses his career path well. The military offers an excellent career path in or out, if you put your side of the equation in.
Anyway. As I said, when I got home I was pretty shot. Just a bit of gaming to come down then... BAM! Lights out. I woke at 6:00, on the dot, without the alarm clock or anything. Nice. Right where I want to be for waking up. Now to figure out how to keep it there for as long as I can. Being Monday I have chores. I would like to finish my part of the mowing, then later cut some lumber. I'll finish the dishes while I mess with my games this morning. That is all I am going to truly schedule, if I would like to get some laundry going too. And, when it warms a bit, I will open the windows. Spring is in the air, I would like to get some of that in my step.
Tomorrow I plan to get in for a haircut, taking my friend along as well. Other than that, I have no idea what is going to happen next. Oh, I would like to get my day pack sorted through, then make considerations for my overnight pack as I do it. I'm not sure. But most of my day pack will just go into the overnight pack, with a few extras including a sleeping bag and the tent. I'm not sure if there is room for a tent up on the ridge, though maybe there are better camp sites. Going with someone who knows helps a great deal. He actually knows a path that can get you to the top in about two hours, if you are fit. I would like to know where that starts and maybe explore it on my own, at a slower pace. He is about my age but seems rather fit. I would say he has a rangers type physique.
Anyway, I'm trying to get sorted out when my mom will be here so I can arrange to do some of the tree work with ground support. Through the summer I may try to scale up, one way or another, and do some of the cutting that can be done reasonably. That would leave the things that might be too technical to climb and do for that last bit. Just dead and overhanging cuts this year, new trees to be planted this fall, and when those get going enough, the rest of the trees will have to come down. Hurry up and wait, just like the Navy.
Of course, I do have trouble getting to things. But, maybe, with the right support and the right number of this and that party involved, things will be less tentative and more sure. I'll need to look around for the right trees, figure out their cost and what it takes to plant them and keep them alive. How long before the size I choose (can afford) will be functional shade trees (five years? at least? ugh?), and all that. At least having the branches over my home, and the power lines, gone will give me breathing room for the rest. Hurry and wait indeed.
The dishes are soaking. It is still a bit cool to get out working, or we will go with that. Besides, I am not quite fully awake anyway. After dishes, an hour cooldown, then to mowing. I want to kick that out first. Later in the day, perhaps I will get to a bit more sawing. Pacing seems key to my being able to get to things, in real terms. And I must plan for a slower pace or a much longer rest period after. Depending on how fast and hard I work, I end up taking hours, days, weeks, or months to recoup. Odd, it doesn't seem to affect my libido. God gifted me there, as I can love a woman even if I can't roll out of bed. I just have to get her to stay in bed long enough or approach to arms reach. :p No lie. Go figure... blessing a gimp with unwordly sexual ability. Meh, He MUST have a sense of humor.
There is the alarm for dishes. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here