Monday, April 9, 2012

Slower than anticipated.

.
.
I am just not getting my feet under me as quickly as I would have liked. Still, I got the dishes done, all of them pretty much. I set a pot of beans to soak. I gathered the trash from the kitchen, and a few other places, and took that out. I missed taking it to the curb today but this is the first sack in the pick-up bin, so no problems. I also policed recyclables and took a bag of that out. I'm about to put a load of laundry in and get dressed to mow. I don't have but a third of the yard to mow, everything from my rear doors back and technically the neighbor,s land from to the side of my driveway and garage out about ten feet.

It seems cool today. Perhaps that is just inside. I did turn the furnace off and opened windows, which might be why I'm moving a little more slowly than hoped. Oh, and I am thawing meat for dinner, or even a later lunch. I think I'll get some things done today, and probably more than I had guessed. Still, I don't want to push too hard too fast. I want to at least get out for a haircut tomorrow. After that I am not sure what is going on in my life.

I would, sorely, like to get out what rope I have, and ladder, and see just where that might take me in the trees. I would like to goof with it, for real, now that everything is coming together. I can't say that it will definitively get me going, but finally having all of the tools and creating expectation in others might help drive me to success on a few things. I would also, like I said, get to figuring out my day and overnight packs, and arrange them again, a bit. Some things can stay in my daypack unless I go on an overnighter and some things can just be kept in my overnight pack as it is just extra and useless weight for anything other than overnight stays.

My kitchen sink drains slowly. I suspect that it simply has no vent. The rest of my home is fine, save for my main toilet from time to time if that might have something to do with me becoming a little to less full of it than I was before attempting to flush. Anyway, I may look into venting options. I hear strong opinions, this way and that, on anything other than an actual, through the roof, vent. In this case that is not possible. Big Boxes seem to push AAVs (air admittance valves), but they are somewhat controversial in forums. Dunno, but I would like to get my sinks to drain licketysplit. Just... another, if very probably easily doable task on my list. A satisfying one, if I can get the drain to work though.

Hmm, well, I suppose I should get to it. Mowing awaits and laundry could go in, on my way. And I am getting very hungry. Later.

1 comment:

  1. Air admittance valves can and do fail. My MH is equipped with them and it took me a while tracking down the source of stink to a leaky valve. Particularly in the summer when gasses build up in the hot exposed pipe, that gas has to go somewhere, and it will back up through the valve.

    I plan to run real vent pipes along the outside of my house at a couple crucial locations.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here