.
.
I got home, was unwinding, then hit the dirt. It has been partly to mostly cloudy most of the day, then the clouds came in hard. It looked like evening when I went down. Add to the fact that my home was cool and has been for days. Whether it was sun, cool, or just that I did too much, at some point I simply failed. A bit of a nap, though I can only say I just woke unsure of how long I was asleep, and I am doing a bit better. I turned the furnace back on, closed the windows and doors, as a last attempt to just stay awake. Too little too late. I didn't see it coming, mostly, until I was about to fall out of my chair, literally.
The nap helped though. I think I can stay up a few more hours. I didn't really want to get back up. I am trying to keep a schedule though, so I pushed a bit. I don't feel ill, my heart doesn't hurt, nothing like that. Just... *BAM*
I have heard that it will be raining for the next few days, through or until Sunday. No worries, just that I won't be able to do much rope work. I still haven't gotten my packs sorted out, so there will be plenty of time for that. Although I think I pretty much sorted my packs last summer, so I don't think there will be that much work to do. I want to get a better medical sub-pack going. I'm just not exactly sure what to take. I know I want blood clot stuff, I just seem to really get in it when I mess up. And ammonia salts. I could have used that two of my last three dingups. The rest is good, I think. I even have a couple of compressible canteens and bandanas to wet for cool or use for cover, or a dozen other things (including a sling, they are large enough).
It's been a while since I nearly blacked out like that. I don't feel physically tired. It must just have been the sudden disappearance of the sun. Yeah, I think for me, that might be it.
I did go out in the yard today, looked at the trees to see what is living and what is dead, making plans for what to cut and how. It will be tricky, some of it. But there really isn't as much dead, now, as before or as much as I thought. All good, really. It's the overhanging branches, overhanging the house and the power lines, that I will need the help with. I'm itching to do more, even if I go through other failures like today. Just as long as I can keep it going a bit at a time I will get there.
Later. Probably good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here