Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bed time anyway.

.
.
I could not get to a thing today. So what, other than it is annoying. I tried a couple of doses of Anacin through the day but that only dulled the aches and pains. I simply could not focus. If I could get my mind to activate my body, I would be fine. My mind works well enough, within the fish bowl it swims. But the body is in bad shape. Like a plane, listing to one side, half of the engines blown and one of them possibly on fire, a compromised hydraulic system, and and uncertain state of landing gear position, my body limps through life. The pilot and copilot (and passengers) can yell all they like, panic won't help and might hurt. Hmm, where is the airport again? Frag, navigation is out. I guess I have to play it by ear and use the comm to guide me.

I need to try and get the 24-hour urinalysis completed tomorrow. Taking that in right before my appointment will allow them to look for... other stuff. There is a specific chemical I would like checked myself. The last time I saw my primary, it was indicated that the chemical would indeed be checked. It hadn't been on the list though, it was supposed to have been added via my request. I will have to review some material to find the name of the stuff I want them to check and then make sure, when I take it in, that they are checking for it. If not a few phone calls might see to making sure the test goes forward. It might be nothing or it could be 30% to 60% of my problems, perhaps even the root of many of my problems. I have about a 10% chance that it could be a part of the problem (or the root). The only way to check for it is this test and this is the first time I have had such a test.

Sassy has chilled. She has become rather moody though. Fine, so long as she quits clambering for food every five minutes. I am probably feeding her too much as is. Maybe I have spoiled her to date, though I don't think so. I did feed her when she was growing, as much as she could eat. But I quit that some months ago as her appetite seemingly shrank. Why the sudden absolute craze for food? She doesn't want attention, she doesn't care to play, she just WANTS FOOD! Calm, though, tonight. A little time-out outside, maybe an hour, and she is all cold-shoulder. One more feeding and for them, and maybe me, then bedtime.

I have been trying various cheeses lately. My friend had several suggestions. Edam was one. I tried the other but I simply didn't care for it. I also bought munster and havarti. I tried the munster, earlier, with crackers. It's not my favorite either. I will try the edam, havarti, or both before going to bed. I have my doubts after trying two and not really caring for them. Then again, I have enough that if I ever get back to cooking even a bit, I can grill some of them with or without tuna or chicken chunks, or... something else. Still, it is nice to be exploring the world of cuisine again. Maybe I am just a cheddar guy, actually usually preferring medium anymore (or always, just refusing to relent on very aged). A little moist, a little cheddar flavor, more soft. Then again, brands can really make a difference. A good cheese versus a genero-rot-gut-cheese can be the difference between indifference, hate, and love.

Good night. Never mind the ghosts, they can't hurt you. They are probably a part of you. Boo!

1 comment:

Backsass Here