Saturday, January 24, 2015

Crawled out of bed.

.
.
Barely.  At 10:15-45.  No clue.  I set the alarm for 9:00 this morning and messed with it until I fumbled somewhere.  Can't remember if I shut it off or if it ended up waking me.  Sleep was beautiful.  I dreamed, seemingly, all night again.  Nothing remains of those.  They seemed, mostly, just typical dreams though, from what I recall and feel this morning.  I knew, right away, what I was intending on doing.  I also had no clue what I was about, if you know what I mean.  It's like knowing you are supposed to fold socks, but you don't know where either hand actually is.  I guess I didn't need to know.  I got going right away.  First I drained the dish water so that the shower will be open when I go to do that.  Then took care of morning duties, washed up like a surgeon as I do before cooking, then went to work.  As I said, I had no idea how to do things, or any feel, but I did get to it.

I had forgotten to sugar and spice the fruit, so that was the first thing.  I had put the thawed fruit into the refrigerator, in it's original packaging.  Thankfully it was still thawed.  Not always a guarantee, if I think I turned down the thermo in there which, mostly, fixed that.  Sugared, spiced, and everything nice.  Then I pulled out the pastry dough I made fresh last night.  I still have a couple of pie flats worth of the old stuff.  I didn't want to use that, not for these.  I'll make a couple of peach, perhaps one depending on how much there is, dessert that is like a pie, without the tin.  Looks like the following.  It won't be so fancy, just peaches as that is all I have. 
I've got about an hour, and the fruit pies should be done.  All else I need to do is to take a shower and dress appropriately.  It will be easy enough to slide those out, and this or those in, between showering and dressing.  I still don't know what I am doing, but that's just fine so long as it gets done.  I can nap after.  I like naps.  Though work can sometimes make naps impossible. 

Oh?  Yes, well, one cherry and one peach each.  I figure they can have one here, if they like, and take one with.  I'll probably gobble my cherry hand pie as soon as it is cool enough.  I don't know about the pictured desert.  It depends on how well the crust is, how it lasted.  Don't know.  It's just an experiment.

I suppose I ought to get busy.  After the shower I will put the dishes back in to a fresh soak.  They might only need one wash after the various soaks.  The water was still sudsy, which means the various grease, butter, and such was pretty much washed away.  Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here