.
.
No surprises. It has taken me several days to back things down enough to rest a bit. Oh, I needed it. Not pain, or health risks, just... too much, too fast. I am finding myself, more often, in places stuck between crashing and doing far too much. Like learning to ride a bike but either not knowing about or being a bit afraid of using the breaks. In this case it is a bit of both. It is so rare that I have been able to push like that this that I simply don't know how to apply the breaks. I don't have a method of slowing with which I am confident. Beyond, I am afraid that if I apply the breaks I will stop, fall, and who knows how long it might take to rise. I do rise, or have so far. But it can take a long time. Even as I have improved, the fear of a hard long spill haunts me in ways you can't understand. It's been years since I have gone down for months and months, gotten up for just a bit, and fallen again, and again, and again, and again. But the memories are horror inducing. You can't know what that is like. Most who go down like I was going down don't get back up. What some call a grace can easily be called a horror.
Still, I was able to moderate, a bit. Some dishes, some cooking and tending of food items, and the stock is going. I even attempted to call my doc. He is back but busy. I am wondering if this travel was unplanned. At least he knows I called. Hopefully he knows I have been trying to call.
I was a bit afraid of getting the stock going. I had to get rid of the old, weak, stock. I wasn't sure how much work that would be, if I was up to it, or where to dump it. Being spent doesn't help... with faith or with thinking things through. Still, finally, I was sure I wanted it done today, so just pushed through from the front end which I hoped would force the middle play... of tending the pots. It did. It was far easier than I had thought. At eight to nine gallons, weighing more than water at eight and change, that is 48 to 54 pounds, plus the pot. Still, that is nothing for me, even in my exhausted current state. Even two such pots and a hundred yards total travel wasn't a thing at all. More a nuisance. Just like trash.
I hope to do a bit more tomorrow. Keeping up on the stock, probably storing the creme fraiche, doing an adjustment or two with the kefir, a couple of loads of laundry and folding some towels, and a bit more work in the kitchen. Not much more, hopefully not less. Just a simple runtime. If I do anything else, it might be a business call or two. It will be even better if I can sleep well and get to sleep early tonight. Currently I am just timing out the simmer set of the stock. Getting it up to heat currently. After I get it to a rolling or full boil I will turn it down, and, hopefully, after a check in an half hour if it is doing well, be able to go to bed.
Good night.
---
By the way, after asking several people, it seems I do not have bad breath. Hmm... odd. I could have sworn I did. Not that I could smell it, more a strange taste. All good, not complaining, just... Then again I am not sure I am in ketosis. I think I was getting there, then something threw it off. It is a delicate process.
Something else? If I am going to diet, I simply cannot go light on my meal. I have to hit it, hard, fully, and ensure that I don't have even a bit of hunger, then snack later, or even have another minor meal. If I fail to do this I will fail in fasting. EAT lad! Or do not fast. Failing to do so will be far worse than overeating that once. For I will not be able to stop grazing. Just a warning to intermittent fasters, regardless if you use keto or no other diet plan. EAT when it is time. That will tend itself, but you must tend your hunger until the fasting and weight of nature automatically pulls your foot off the pedal. Just trying to pass on what I learn, as I learn it. Yeah, EAT. Or don't fast. Which reminds me, I need to thaw meat. Beans won't be enough, even with ham. Ham is simply too weak of a meat, for me. But will make a good appetizer meal with beans.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here