Thursday, August 25, 2016

Three hours?

.
.
A long nap, but needed it.  Could have been much worse.  Expected worse when I went down.  Five hours wouldn't have surprised me.  I was neither going to push nor shove.  Though, if anything, when I woke I just got up rather than think about it... or I might not have gotten up.  I had to use the ac.  While it is cooling, it isn't that cool in the day, less so with steam from stock and probably some residual heat from working with the beans.  All good though.  Some days naps simply aren't a choice.

I immediately... did something.  And then something else.  I think I did, say, five or six things.  No clue what they were, but nothing caught on fire or exploded, and everything looks right as I cruised the kitchen area recently, looking for 'my bad's.  The stock seems to be doing well, I know I added water to it.  I put the beans and ham into a pot, got it to a boil, turned it down to a simmer, and am still finagling that to a mild simmer.  That back burner is a tricky witch.  What all else I did I cannot say.  Well, I did go out to say hello to Sam, walking up the drive to check for packages on the front porch, but also to give her attention.  She loves laying on the hot pavement or cement walk, having me rub/scratch one side of her back, then rolling, having me do the other, and keeping me involved as long as she can.  Just DON'T touch the BELLY!  Fine, mostly.  Being have awake, raking her belly because she likes flipping like a fish on... a... well... hot sidewalk was bound to happen.  I think she noticed the lack of a brain wave response at moments so, mostly, forgave.  This time.

When the ham and beans have gone for an hour, I'll test.  I might pull the ham, shred it when cool, and let the beans go until they are done.  I am interested in trying a bowl of that, and the stock, with one of the creme fraiche experiments.  Since it didn't seem much more than regular heavy cream, I may just add the greek yogurt one for that mini-main dish.  The others will have a purer flavor and texture without being literally watered down in the process.

A shower, laundry, some dishes...  That's the goal yet for tonight.  The stock will go until tomorrow, then will be filled, brought to a simmer, run until I sense the flavor to water is right, then shut down and allowed to cool until it can go in the fridge.  I am hoping number three will work.  Next week I hope to do another chicken stock process.  Hey, I go through that stuff pretty fast as a daily consumption.  And will more so as I start using it in soups and stews.  I was too low to add anything in this bean mess, but would like to add stock, of either sort, in things like this going forward.  Oh, and I really hope to be to bed early tonight.  Early being 20:00 ~ 23:00.  I am almost in the sort of shape in which I might actually turn my clock back.  Because it defies my history, my way of thinking, and else, it is going to be a bear.  It is unlikely to succeed.  May be unpossible.  But... that don't confront me none so long as I get paid next payday.

Blood sugar is 217 (not fasting, been sampling things all day, a messy time to test, but normal for the last several days ~ my bad).  That is because between not eating large enough dinner meals, and further messing things up by sampling experiments, I am off-track.  I will... endeavor to persevere.  By the way, other than the first five or so posts in the "Health" label, only posts with blood sugar and possibly weight, are included under that label.  I was beginning to find it too difficult to track my blood sugar and weight otherwise.

Oh, right.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here