Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Making some new changes.

.
.
I have gone through periods when I would not comment on other posts.  I knew something was wrong, simply could not sort it out at the time.  I still have some difficulty, though I seem to see the problem if not be completely at ease to manage it.  Practice makes perfect.

My problem is, when I see a post which might cause a certain reaction, a strong emotional response, especially in my more feeble moments, it is easy to post unwisely.  There is the deep end, then there is the really deep end.  Call it click bait, or response bait, it is what it is.  Not all such bait, not at all times, though often enough I snap.  I am sure there is a hook in there, even if I don't sense it.  Always?  I think, one way or another, yes.

I didn't realize this all, or altogether, or my parts in it until about now.  Yet, some time back, I started pulling comments.  I'd write a paragraph or three then... dump it.  Oh, I still post.  I still rant.  I still comment, sometimes just as wrongly as ever.  Practice, remember.  This isn't something that will be fixed overnight.  As with other improvements I am attempting to make in my life, this is just one of them.

They seem to do it on the right and left.  It is a form of virtue-signalling... a knee-jerk reaction.  I think they ween people in, or out.  I think they have a laugh at the reactions.  And, to some extent, fairly.  As with the hope of beginning studies, I hope also to improve my approach to emotional and psychological events.  Seeing traps for what they are, and refusing to play along.  And, yet, not completely cutting out interactions on key events.

What is happening with or to some Brazilian dictator?  What some obviously disturbed woman, who paints herself with menstrual blood and does a naked photo shoot to... what was it... defy period shaming?  These things are really of no concern.  I don't even see a way to help, and I can't hurt.  Best to just walk on by, not even reading, or giving a nod, to such.  Don't take this as a hate thing.  It's just as tempting to write about such as it is to comment.  All I am saying is that I am going another way.  Or... that is the goal.  And, I am not picking on you... Joe Writer.  I could have used stories from anyone.  Definitely from myself.  And some of you, you know who you are, live in... a very strange world that borders that.  I'll still visit because that is a break from the world.  I simply won't have it be a part of the norm of my world.  Rare treats, sure.  I might even comment, if more in kind than not.

As to commenting, I am hoping to switch to a much more thoughtful approach.  The woman above?  Someone suggested psychology.  The thing is, psychology, and even churches quite often these days, won't go there.  All they try to do is make sure no one gets arrested or hurt, at least publicly.  There might be help in those areas, but even if at no cost it would not be free.  And people, today, who wish to do crazy are quite allowed, and would never choose to pay a price to get away from that.  But... what help would such a comment be?  So I dumped it.  If I knew of the conditions, or thought it might be a minor form of possession, I might offer something.  More if it might reach someone who knew her.  But... as is... nothing I say can or will add anything to that.  So... no comment.

The world had gone, at times and in ways, completely mad.  My job isn't to notice, save to avoid.  It isn't to add to it, point it out so much, or judge it.  I don't think things have changed.  People simply can be more aware of it through the internet.  It's in our lives, with people we know, at work, at church, at home, even on our own.  We have learned to filter, and maybe, hopefully, pray.  It's always been there.  Still, I think I'll attempt to go back to filtering, and lean a little heavier or praying.  Drop the comments, pick up the cannoli... urhm, prayer that is.

Want to do a favor?  Pray that my efforts lead to more success than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here