Monday, July 19, 2021

A few things.

.
.
One of them was by a fellow.  Information was needed to begin the review process.  For SSD.  We all know how this is going to end.  Still, quitting isn't an option.  So... information was needed to put the process in play.  A bit of this, a bit of that, and... sent.  All good.

I was wrestling with my phone.  For some reason, how it is answered now has changed.  The phone no longer appears, offering to answer or ignore.  No.  And, for the last few days I have been wrestling with not knowing how to answer the damned thing!  As it turns out, I have to pull down the page which has notifications, then... and I still haven't sorted this out, either hit and pull the round for one of the two options (answer or ignore), or simply hit and hold until it answers.

Why the phone answering system changed?  I am keeping my phone on ignore.  So, if you aren't in my list, you can't get through (though some robocallers have figured out how to get through even that, thanks to the phone companies helping them I presume).  Still, most can't get through.  So, the phone company punishes those of us who refuse to play the game.  And, yes, they target the old and vulnerable, and the phone company helps the vultures prey on us.  Anyway... so I have been having difficulty answering my phone lately.  As it won't even let people on my list call straight through, as they had been able to do for... up to a few days ago.  FU Verizon!

So... a learned thing, and another useless attempt to keep ssd.  But... there it is.

Then I went up and studied Japanese for a bit.  Another, say, third?  Right.  And, that will be it for new today.  I may review it, or some of it, partially.  Or I may do a review of a few past lessons, in brief.  Longer reviews are only for new material, for now.  At some point, I will begin reviewing all of the hiragana, in full, and for a week or two, as if studying for a midterm.  Then I will begin testing.

I suppose I could begin testing even now.  But I haven't really seen an advantage to quizzes.  Quizzes are for the lazy, not the motivated.  They annoy those who truly study.  If they would actually help fail people out a grade, who can't or won't, that would be one thing... add a three strikes you are out to school as you should with crime, then require the failures into minor tech schools, akin to prisons but where they learn simple manufacturing.  Barring that, dump them into a foreign land or wherever they may have arrived from.  Yea, that is why our education systems fail, trying to include those who can't, won't, or shouldn't, be included.  Baby sitting is for babysitters, not people who supposedly have legitimate masters degrees.

Well, back to it.  So, study, study, study.  I didn't work today, because it was already too hot, and humid.  But I can study.  As well, after the Japanese, I brought my slide rule down and viewed several videos.  I... sort of got it.  I see my problem.  Sometimes, I swear, they would say to do it one way, then say to do it the other way... or I sure thought so.  In the book.

These, mostly, seemed to teach it right.  But, then, at the end, at least of one, he put it out simply and clearly.  As well, I learned how to use the C-.  Which, probably, will lead me to be able to use the D-, on my slide rule... it has one on one side, and the other on the other side, which really is convenient.  My slide rule is the Pickett N-500-ES Hi Log/Log, if you are curious.  There are only a few with more potential.  And, I will probably, in time, attempt to garner one.  Pricey, though.  Not sure I can afford another.

Anyway.  So, I sorted through two of those vids.  I'll probably need to go back through them.  Slowly, but I am learning the slide rule.  Actually, I had a semester, or quarter, where we were required to use these in ap math.  Still, I remember nothing from then.  I wanted to know more, but... the world had moved on.  I was actually grateful that we were given any time on the devices.  I had hoped to obtain one, and learn it for my own reasons, back when... but... life ran out.  I am just now, finally, getting to indulge in my interest.

Well, now a shower.  Then maybe on to town, or not.  Can't be sure.  So tired.  I can, at least, do studies.  They aren't wearing me out, mostly.  But they aren't boosting my energy either.  Back to kefir and water, mostly, and a single meal a day... which will be more like a sandwich on the travel along days, and soups and stews on the weekends, if I can keep up with those.  Ugh!

Groceries and feed, if I can get out.  Or when I can get out.  Today, tomorrow, soon.  Has to be by tomorrow.  Ugh.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here