Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Blood sugar.

.
.
I was honestly worried it would be a bit high.  Beside the two quarter pound patties, three chicken legs, kefir, and vinegar tonic, I ate an orange and a grapefruit.  Wasn't hungry, more hungry for those.  More worried about the fruit, though the volume too.  Sometimes one or both of those can really bite me on blood sugar.

Two hours after eating I checked.  Almost had kefir before checking again.  But, nope.  At 156, it's not the lowest reading I have taken, but around the second lowest since beginning taking readings?  That is my guess.  It's my only other test for the day, as I messed up and ate kefir and an orange, before realizing I hadn't taken my reading.  All good.

It was warmer through the day.  It is reading between 69 and 73 here in the house, this front room and closer to the computer, is the warmer temp.  Outside it was mostly 69?  I think so.  But it is down to 55 here at nearly midnight thirty.  I think, with it being warmer, I burn more calories.  Which... helps with blood sugar, and maybe weight loss... simply burning more calories offsets food.  Seems logical, and is.  Until it isn't.

The kefir has been fermenting faster.  I was able to turn over kefir yesterday and this evening.  So I can have more of it.  I really like that stuff, and miss it when it isn't turning over quickly enough to really enjoy.  If it can be a bit much, sometimes, too.  I keep checking the kombucha.  There is a point where it will become alcoholic.  That is not where I want to stop it.  I want the scoby to scrub the alcohol.  I just want the vinegar state.  It's a slow go.  But, it is going.

The watch, and software, suggest I burned 5,110 calories today, and had 405 intensity minutes, 166 considered high intensity.  So, that seems to be helping.  Remember, though, that the system only wants me to hit 150 intensity minutes the whole week.  So, in one day I have more high intensity minutes than the guidance systems wants for the whole week.  Yes.  Crazy.  If, too, I am already into the next day, since it turns over at midnight.

I am having a bit more kefir.  And will have a fatted coffee after.  Two or three bm's today.  And a lot of peeing.  All good.  I am really hoping I won't have gained by tomorrow.  But it's... it does what it does.  Almost bedtime.  I just want to finish my drinks, clean out the jars, and then finish charging the watch.

Life is getting better.  I'll keep at it.  Win or gain, high or low, I'll... keep trying to work my world around.

Oh, found a dog around my cooking station.  Since... I... don't have anything of concern, I just spoke with it nicely.  He... or she... didn't look close enough... did me a favor the other day.  Butter had melted and gotten all over something.  He, the dog that was here today, probably cleaned that off.  So... I want to be a bit careful, that he doesn't think he can take anything.  And, yet...  I gave him one of the chicken legs which had thawed.  He was a happy mutt, mostly.  I just don't hate critters, unless they are a danger to other critters.  Even then, it isn't hate.  It is just taking care of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here