.
The foot. I can walk on it, almost normally. Just not without pain. A whince with every step, like socialism's promise of a chicken for every pot. Only, this promise is kept. Still, much better. I can distract from the pain with gaming, even sleep through, the now milder but yet ever present aches.
It's not just the knuckle of the big toe. That is merely what screams the loudest in agony at the worst of it. Other bones, even several in the ankle, all hurt too. As the toe joint settles, and I psychically explore the pain, taking inventory, as I try to sort it, this is what I am finding.
Heretofore, I have merely suffered through the pain, trying to ignore it as much as possible. I decided that wasn't serving me well, so have decided to consciously go where the pain is, on into it, to explore it in order to understand and maybe find a fix or preventative.
It isn't a pleasant thing to do. And I do know some of, if not all of, the causes. Believe it or else, but gaming, without shoes on (sometimes crocks are enough, sometimes not), in difficult games, my feet may convulse. As if trying to grab something, or hold on, with my feet as if they were hands grasping at a rope for dear life. It also hits my actual hands, from time to time, as well. Just not as seriously or debilitatingly.
But, too, either too much or too little body fluid (either extreme) is part of it. Being too cold can, often does, play a part or trigger it outright, say if my feet feel hot and I kick them out into the cold too far. Though temperature problems may be related to fluid issues. Other things may play a part. Well, being mostly dead can be a bit of a pickle, and probably plays havoc with all sorts of body functions.
Still, I have enough going to work through the pain, understand some issues, and begin putting together a prevention system and recovery method(s) should prevention fail. Not an easy life, always. But it is the life I have. I will make the best of it. Do make the best of it. Ugh.
Hmm, I think I'll wear tightly fitted, laced, shoes for a while. As I have done before, and if seen as needed, even to bed. Not comfortable. But vastly better than spasms that twist to near breaking, everything from my higher ankle to my big toe, sometimes in both feet.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here