.
Here is an honest review.
A recent game purchase. On disc. No updates. Without updates there is only the regular play mode. Which... is very difficult? I have read that, if updated, you can choose from three difficulty levels, the other two easier than the one I am playing.
I won't say the game is difficult. It is rigged to be impossible in a direct honest manner. You can't beat most bosses on a first pass, even given several to many tries in that first pass. The game requires a hit, try or two (at least), then traveling to the beginning and playing through, possibly leveling (gear, skills, basic level, sometimes all). Then it will allow the fake r&g (r&g means, is supposed to mean, randomly generated, but that is rarely the truth in modern games, if it ever actually was... in par due to the complexity of such a seemingly simple task, digitally) to give you a slim but real chance to get through. Every boss? Most, even that might be slightly randomized. As in, what is difficult to one player, or play through, may be easier for another or a different run through the game.
Before you do one or all of the stated things, the game locks the boss behind impossible odds. You can't beat the boss on the first, or even first dozen, tries (on first contact). Rigged. As well, the game isn't really hard, it is merely rigged.
Level means nothing. Having gone through, from beginning to my current boss stoppage (I am guessing half way) several times, many times, I realize the skills, tools, and else are no more or less effective against earlier mobs. Or just barely.
Further, the game seems to want experimentation more than leveling or dedicated preferences for supposed class lines. For example, I went with a strength build. Leveled weapons based on that. Got stuck half way through (still stuck). So I began exploring other weapons. As it turns out, after leveling for strength (the game calls it something else), both my 'toon and weapons, many times and ways? An unleveled weapon for dex builds (they call that something else too, but) does more damage than what my character is leveled into, and for. Stupid. Imagine an accountant being able to do his job better using a spade than a calculator.
Just understand, if you find yourself stuck? Go to the start. Run back through. If that, and leveling along the way doesn't work, explore other weapons. Throwables are overpowered, but at this point in my game, very limited. If I can get the boss to half health in it's second life, I would then risk using my stores of throwables. Not even close, so far. But, haven't tried the newly explored, seemingly exceedingly potent (rapier) weapon on it... if I am trying to farm items for more levels for it, and learning better how it works.
Just another rigged game, looking for you to find the cheese. Because you can't honestly beat it. They won't tell you that on any media. If the toads there could even figure it out, they wouldn't dare write the truth. You are welcome. Just see it as a major time sink, don't take it too seriously. Like all Souls, and souls-like games. Just learn the required hoops, and then hope for a quicker good r&g outcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here