Friday, December 24, 2021

Magic.

.
.
Not 20:00, or even 20:30.  Still, but 21:00 pretty much exactly.  To bed.  I was worried about blood sugar, but felt enough better than I went on to bed.  I slept well, mostly.  Neck, ribs, head, and shoulders, however... I couldn't find a right placement for sleep, so it was a bit of a rough night.  Finally, around five, I woke and worked on a better sleeping arrangement... and it worked!

I didn't think the new arrangement would do much.  Too much sleeping wrong for a few minutes to hour or two to correct.  Still, at least I was in a better place.  About a quarter to six, I woke.  A, that... is super.  I had been hoping to wake earlier.  And, b, that was a short sleep in a better position, but it did help quite a lot.  Even so, painkillers first thing.  I am hoping between that last near hour of better position, and painpills, I might have a better day than yesterday.

Medicine down, with the painkillers.  And my absolute record blood sugar, at 84 fasting!  I won't worry about blood sugar until 'breakfast', at noon.  Haven't decided what I am having.  But, I may have my heave meal at noon?  To see if 'breakfast' is good.  At noon, especially waking at near 06:00, is not a true breakfast, it is just the time when I happen to break my fast?  Right.  So, having the heavy first might not be bad?  I have a steak, the one for the week, thawing.  Or probably thawed.  That and... salad?  With cracker croutons?  And some cheese?  Sounds good to me.  Not a lot of cheese, perhaps a quarter of a cup, of parmesan?  With italian dressing?  Really, sounds good to me.

Then, perhaps, a few meat sticks and cheddar slices?  Then, possibly, half a chia breakfast, or whole?  Something like that.  Nothing fancy.  But it is definitely doing the trick, innit?  And 84 blood sugar, especially fasting?  I... never would have dreamed.  And, I am not crashing.  It's... stable.  That number does cause me some fear, but... I... am going with it.  Leaving it, trusting it.

I did eat about a cup and an half of yogurt, with two small containers (4 ounces each, I think) of low-carb(ish) fruit bowls... pineapple and passion fruit, sweetened only with stevia... or so it says.  Plain yogurt, otherwise.  Oh, I didn't log that.  I'll have to add that.  Yes, I'm... a stickler.  And, while it did throw my intermittent off, tending blood sugar drops is higher priority without question.

Oh my word.  I wouldn't have believed blood sugar could be this well managed, without becoming a terrible monster in the other direction.  I definitely feared it.  Then again, this is one day.  Or two... or... a week.  When it becomes a month, or three, or a year... then we will talk.  Still, it is being managed.  I can't say I am doing all that much, but I am doing what I can.  And tracking it.  I still... don't... understand.  But I will take it!

BP is a little high.  But two things... first, I am altering the conditions of the contract, be happy I don't change things more.  And, it hasn't been given time to work, so it... often is a little high first thing.  I'll... do a read later.  Really, if I have to do several rereadings, I... don't like it.  Besides, I'm lazy.  Still?  This bp is better than when I was on my most stable platform medication, before adding new stuff, and at the worst time to read it.  So... it's... better.

As well?  It is 32 F out there, on the thawed side.  The moisture, even on the ground, is thawed... wet... not frozen.  And, yes, 32 can go either way.  So, when I go to chores, I'll bet the waterers are much closer to empty.  The rabbits will drink last bits through the night, just not much, especially if they freeze quickly.  All good.

To be honest, it is a pleasant day out there, for this time of year.  A good start to a Christmas Eve.  Hmm?  Ribeye on Christmas even, turkey on Christmas day?  Not a bad deal.  Probably one of the better Christmas feeds in... well... quite a while?  I don't actually remember.  But I think so.  Oh, and Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here