Thursday, December 23, 2021

Warm out there.

.
.
Well, given the givens.  It was 36, and I read it carefully.  Things are melting, if not quite going in a hurry.  I tried the hydrant.  The handle lifted, but nothing flowed.  I left it that way, meaning to get the heat gun out and get it going when I finished chores.

Their waterers had been frozen, but were in the process of thawing.  I don't think the nipples were running clean, but most of the volume in the bottles were liquid.  And, it looks like they drank most of the water yesterday.  All good.  And, I left a fresh, warm, hank of meat for the feral black tom.  Usually he bolts when I get in there.  This time not so much.  I could hear him back in a corner.  Wasn't happy with me so close, but sure liked the smell of warm meat.  I talked at him a bit.  Couldn't see him.  He lightly growled, a time or three.  All good.  I like the lad.

As I was doing a few last things, inside, I went to wash my hands, but the water was very slow.  Ah!  The hydrant must have started running.  And, yes, it had.  So, I got the girls fresh water, then filled two buckets for setting up waterers for the next few days.  Plus, I already refilled all the waterers from yesterday and maybe before.  So... all good.  All done.  But... 36?  In later December?  I'll take it.

Oh, well... Breakfast is getting ready.  Late, but so be it.  I should be able to eat the planned meals by 18:00.  The thing with intermittent fasting is, you really have to have the start, and end, times be accurate, or you miss the benefits.  Not like it is a major difficulty, at least in my situation.  Just, if I start, say, at 13:00, then I only have five hours to eat.  

Which is why I would really like to get to four hours.  That actually gives me a little time, on either side, if I miss.  I really don't mind, in that case, a five hour eating schedule one or two days a week.  It gives me some slack.  Whereas six hours is pushing getting any benefit, so one hour more does mean a lot.  Bleh.  The thing is, it takes some mojo to get to eating enough calories with the right macros in four hours.  As is, I am having to cut back on calories, and macros of course, in order to do six hours.  Can I put that in four hours of feeding?  I... maybe.  Not quite yet, but maybe.

I best get to eating.  I am having sardines again, for 'lunch'.  Then the last portion of pork for supper.  It's... getting old.  But it has served me quite well.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here