Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's working.

.
.
Pacing.  Even on days off.  I suppose it's like trickle feeding batteries so that they don't die.  Even on days off, I have to get up and do, from time to time.  I don't want to hit the batteries with with a stupid charger, nor can I let them sit untended.  Dishes, there were more than I remembered.  I had added some in, and forgotten.  More to clean the kitchen a bit more than because they were actually dirty.  Laundry will be finished soon.  Trash and recycling are pretty much ready to go.  I won't get to the stick anchor today though.  It just isn't fitting with the pace.

I just realized, the french braid lesson is coming up.  I think I have four days.  So, I won't be practicing that up to perfection, but I might be able to get a session, or two, per day, until the lesson.  For me, I really need to work on tracking the strands, and which side to pull extra hair from and then were to put that.  I can do a basic braid in seconds now.  But this is just a bit more complicated.  Once I get it down, I will have it very well.  I was surprised I was able to get the regular braid down.  This is just a bit trickier, but not much.  I just have to focus.  I might be able to get it down, but...

Oh, right.  I didn't bother with measuring blood pressure today.  I didn't want to be disappointed.  I did, however, want to test strength.  It's a subjective manner, but to me a sure one.  Swords.  I have a 46" katana.  Yes, functional.  No, not a hand made one, crafted by a monk after forty days under a waterfall, meditating.  Anyway, when I first bought it, I realized it was a tad out of my ability.  Decent for two handing, barely.  And it could be used in a single hand, but was so very slow.  Well, even at the place I am now, I can use it in my right hand with slightly clumsy ease, and both hands absolutely splendidly.  I considered the weight I have on the bench now, and my goal.  My guess at 1/8the the way is about right.  When I am half way, I will be able to use this sword with either hand as if using a dagger.  So, while no measurements seem to be improving, my raw strength is.  No, I don't have the strength, currently, to use this weapon artistically... Just a sharp baseball bat really.  But that, too, will come.  Trust ol' Doomster, he really does know how to play not nice... with or without tools, but with more tools than you might imagine.

I know some may be confused about my considerations regarding finding a woman.  Yes, that is still on a sort of track.  It has simply become a bit more complicated.  I won't go into more detail, I will only suggest that I will still make the effort.  I may, indeed, be delusional about the whole thing.  I may have misread what I thought I saw.  In either case, the rules have changed.  She may have to rethink the whole thing, if I saw right.  Then again, I am not sure that will stop her.  Some snagglepusses don't scare off easy, not if they... like something enough.  Probably delusional, but I'll find out soon enough. 

I remembered, from a recent dream and some memories after, about several women who didn't think I was good enough.  I warned each, that if they didn't decide in time, I would have improved beyond their interest to me.  I told each, I was about to improve, increase, manifest, but that I would not wait.  And once I hit the max, they would no longer be in my league.  Two chose otherwise, and later let me know that they greatly regretted their choice.  One went along, until another sticking point came up and I went on.  Even so, she was pleased to have chosen even the short ride.  This time, it's for real, and always.  Same deal though.  I don't really have regrets that way.  I can only ask, offer.  All deals are a limited time production, subject to my interest and the time I can afford to mess with such things.  Still, I may give this one about a year to really think things over, maybe two.  If she is interested, that is.  I won't sweat it either way.  It's just not how I roll.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here