.
.
To think, for all these years, I have avoided bathing. Only showering. Then again, I really didn't have what it took to keep a tub clean before, say, the last few years, and more like this last year really. Olive oil and salt, hot water, feet getting soaked and pumiced down to almost real skin. I'm starting to think I don't have skin under the... stuff... on my feet though. I've been at them for months, at least a good soak and scrub weekly, on top of showers, and more like two to three times a week, and my feet are still rough. I am keeping up on the cuticles though. Untended, and showering doesn't help, they become like razor wire. Literally they cut skin like a blade. And I am digging out the toenails, scrapping off the excess skin that otherwise grows over, cleaning underneath for easier trimming, and staying aware of their length, trimming when necessary. No, you don't get when it when I suggested that I sat for decades. Toenails might get trimmed every six months to year. Now, it's probably every other week, though be need through feel.
I have an appointment today, and haven't been able to do more than get my wardrobe for the outing picked and set, and get the shower and bath in. I spent time, after the bath, scrubbing the tub a bit though. It'll need more work, soon. After I finish vacuuming and steam cleaning the living room, as I suggested, I'm going back over the kitchen and bathroom areas... sort of keeping my baffles clear, before moving on to my bedroom.
That leaves the spare bedroom (doesn't need much), the upstairs (mostly just needs sorted... boxes from when I moved in) then the floor vacuumed and steam cleaned (as with the spare bedroom), and then this, the computer room. The computer room will be the last room hit. It will be one of the bigger jobs, comparable to the living room, and maybe bedroom, combined. Sorting, mostly. A perfect job for winter. Bleh. I hate sorting, organizing. Then again, I am doing it, and fairly well.
With the gps returned, I started looking over four season tents. The tent I have is fine for two and an half seasons, really. That won't do. If I keep going, I'll keep saving, and purchase a true four season expedition tent. It'll be a gift after my third or fourth snowshoeing expedition. From now on, nothing new until I prove to myself I will use it. I'm not even up to hiking and camping in 'fair' weather yet. Still, I'm looking. I might have to go car camping sometime, if nothing else, to kick start those skills until I can venture forth. Not even sure where exactly to camp and hike. I am trying to avoid state and federal parks, save as a social thing. Too many rules, eyes, and I never feel really welcome. More like it's the rangers land, and even having paid it seems more like I am trespassing than even allowed to be there. I'm sure there are places I can go that don't include ranger swat teams and such.
I best get going. Have a good one. And... get busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here