Saturday, May 23, 2015

Well?

.
.

I have most of the furniture back in the living room, and yes I vacuumed first if I didn't mention that.  Again, my notion of work and time have gone astray.  It will take a full day, maybe too, to set the place back up again.  While I did pick up the small stuff, sorting as I went, there is still sorting, the figuring out where to put even what is there.  Well, and setting lamps, and pictures and their frames, and all that other stuff, where they might go.  The whole house is going to take some time.  Just getting back into the living room fully, is going to be a chore.  I still have to drill holes in the shelf arms so as to install the glass shelves, plus then I have to connect all of the wires for the systems and components.  Even without a cable box, but with surround stereo, it's... a bit of a chore.  Then I plan, whenever I do finish that, on going back through the areas I hit, to keep up.  All that before going on to the bedrooms and other areas.  My bedroom and this computer room are the last difficult areas.  The rest will just be a matter of mostly light work.

The one problem is that, so far, I keep having to gather and box and figure out a bunch of stuff that doesn't, yet, have a place to call it's own.  I don't have enough areas fully cleaned in order to just put it all somewhere.  I suppose I could use the computer room, here, but I would have to tackle it, at least to a degree, before trying to use it to order everything else that is otherwise being kept just ahead of the tide of cleaning.  When a cave has gotten into this condition, getting it all ordered is a tall order.  Still, that's the plan.  Well, and taking time between major room efforts, to keep up on what has been done already.  While I still hate vacuuming, and steam cleaning to be honest, at least I know the steam cleaner really isn't a high tech device... It's pretty simple, really.  The fill tank doesn't hold all that much, enough for a small to medium room, and the pick-up tank holds about two of those.  Tide works for cleaner, so no need to mess around trying to buy the right stuff for cleaner and it's always in stock (or meant to be).

While I may not be getting to formal exercise, I am working out.  Women don't need the gym, if they want to stay fit.  Just keep up on the house.  It won't ever be done, but... that is half of the point.  Although, once I get place clean, keeping up is much easier, then I can hit the trails and bench and whatever else, though I will throw those in when I can anyway.  Legs and arms are at least tightening up a great deal, the waist has dropped two belt holes, and I haven't keeled over from a heart attack or stroke.  I'll just keep pushing.

My actual fitness goal, before a run at Alaska, is benching 400, being able to tackle two days at ten miles a day of hiking with a full gear pack, and being able to camp hike for ten days twice in the summer and once in the winter, and being able to kayak camp for ten days.  Which means I need to learn food prep, gearing, and upgrade fitness a great deal.  I've got two, maybe three years, if I can squeeze it out of what remains of the world and myself.  Now, those are minimums.  I'm not heading to Alaska to commit suicide.  If I were even to think of such a stupid thing, I sure wouldn't be doing it this hard of a way!  As you may well know, living is the hard work, not dying.  I am definitely going with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here