Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A few things in life.

.
.
Simple things.  Mostly.

The first?  Glasses.  I had always thought my solid plastic "Clark Kent" glasses would be lighter and more comfortable.  In this latest shakeup, requiring larger glasses so as to use the progressive lenses, I decided to test that.

I purchased thin and thinner, lenses.  Not the thinnest, or yet.  Costs.  I'm having to buy these on my own, so...  Each on two types of frames.  The nerd glasses, and a pair of mostly metal frames.  Believe it or not, the thin and thinner lenses, with frames, were less expensive than just the thinnest lenses on their own.  So... yeah.  And it isn't that much thinner, but enough to cost to high heaven.

Anyway.  It turns out the wire are much better.  I thought, with the small brackets and pad, to each side of the glasses, while potentially lighter they would be less comfortable.  As it turns out, they are enough lighter that they are more comfortable.  Mostly.

If, from massaging the area under the pad, I scratch the skin there?  Then it's good to use the other glasses for a while.  Until that scratch is healed.  And the other problem is that, if the pad and arm get a bit out of joint, getting them back in place may not be possible?  Well, I can try.  So far, not out of place.  But I did have to use the other glasses, for a bit, while a scratch repairs... on the skin.

But now I know.  Still?  It's good to have both types.  For that very reason.  And, I can see through each as easily as the other.  But I really thought it would go the other way.

Now?  In time, I would like to save up for the lightest of the lenses, on the lighter frame, and maybe in time get two pair of those.  The others will just be backups.  And, were good trainers.  Now I know, that the lenses work, which frames work best, and have spares.  And... can use progressive lenses.  Glad my eye doc kept pressing that.  He, and she, were right.  BUT... you have to have bigger frames for them.  They won't work with small frames.  Just not enough room to get that to work out.
---------

The other thing?  With the leg.  The doc, beside torturing me, did bandage the leg well.  After I eventually removed that bandaging, I didn't put anything back.  Couldn't.  Was far too tender, for a long time.

The wound keeps hurting, from time to time.  I almost wonder if that isn't from the cold?  So, I decided to try to bandage it closer to how he had it.  That worked, in a way, until I couldn't handle it.  If from other reasons.

Anyway, so I piled gauze padding in, and wrapped a bit of self-adhesive wrap around that, loosely.  Just... enough to cover the wound well, but allow pretty good air flow.  Hopefully that will help with the occasional horrible pains.  I really suspect that is mostly cold getting to it.  In spite of me wearing thicker wool socks.  Ugh.

I am hoping to be awake later enough tomorrow, or the day after, or wake during that time and be in condition to talk, so that I may call the doctor tomorrow, or his nurse really.  Get more medicine sent.  It's still red.  But the redness has shrunk a goodly two thirds to half of what it was, less angry red and more just... mostly red, if still up from pink, and not as tender anywhere on the wound... save, I think, from the cold.

Gotta keep on that sob.  Or it will kill me.

Coffee was good.  Water since.  I think I'll play just a bit, then crash.  It's already just past seven?  So tired.  Wanted to go to bed earlier.  It just didn't happen.  Blood sugar was 135 fasting, and is 118 with just coffee and water.  Bastard, still.  Ugh.  But... it is what it is.  Hmm?  No, I think I have to go back on to bed.  Try to wake later.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here