Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A bit chewy.

.
.
No, not food, my night.  No complaints.  I left the windows open last night.  I just checked.  It said it got down to 32?  Whatever.  I was comfortable and only needed two blankets.  But I won't do that again without checking.  That's mighty close to freezing.  It's up to 52 outside, and it's 64 in here, and I am quite comfortable.  I slept like a log.  I set the alarm for an eight hour sleep, doubting I would make that with two days out and probably a burn and some more.  I ended up sleeping about eleven hours, I simply turned the alarm off, perhaps giving it one hour reset first.  I realized I would sleep until I was rested so quite the alarm.  My ribs are a bit sore, and have been for several days.  All good.  This is, actually, how I like to feel.  I will take today off, then back to it.  And next week, as I said, more outings.  I deserve to work myself into a lather and soreness, plus throw on a bit of burn.  I've worked all winter to get in shape to begin getting in shape.  Talk about layers?  Yeah.  This summer is shaping up to be a honing summer.  What for?  Camping this winter, or next, out and up.  Hell yeah.  Doom is waking.  Hells, of various natures, are being prepared for.  And, if it all works?  Next summer I am going summer camping in the deserts to the south and west, on top of hiking in the mountains.

Snow shoe camping, desert camping, mountain summer and winter camping.  Fishing, and maybe getting ready for some hunting as I learn to track game in the off seasons, and just getting out.  Fresh air, hot, middling, and cold.  It's what I was made to do.  Learning my ao out to a couple hundred miles, and maybe a bit more.  Initially solo.  But if I learn to do it well enough, then I would like to group up.  So long as I don't feel I will slow things down for others too much, or can find a small group of groups with whom I can both trust and sort of match paces.  Some social, some learning, some teaching.  That's the plan.  Desert Cat sort of helped me ring that bell.  Now I want to hear that sound more often.  Medicines have done their part.  And I did my part by giving them a hell of a chance, at great pains and risks.  And food, coming in regularly, has allowed me to open my wings and continue with medicines.  Just three guaranteed meals, four at one time, a week, was enough.  That should tell you a bit, a lot, right there.  Lots of things came together.

I will have to gear up a bit more.  My tent is good for mild stuff.  But won't do for winter.  Of course, to be honest, a tent will just be a beginning.  I will be exploring setting up a camp, eventually, without so much as a pack and just bare minimum survival food, and that just in case I can't find catch or kill, or in places where there is no game fish or flora.  Of all flora, 75% of it, on average and anywhere, is toxic to humans.  Just understand that.  Lots of things to try out.  And it won't be without risk.  Such is life.  It is time for the dragon to fly, or getting close enough.  I am not the only dragon that is waking, either.  I can feel the hungers, the eyes opening, the minds working, and lots of things happening.  I did send out the call, and others are making way the time.

It feels wonderful to have stretched.  It's a baby step, albeit.  I've got another thing coming up.  I figure I can be pretty set by then, for more of a stretch.  I should have some hikes, and biking, in by then.  Hmm... yeah... perhaps biking out for target practice would be a thing I can get in.  Why now?  Why this year and not last?  First, it is just a plan.  Until I do it...  But I feel it in my bones.  Timing, things are returning my call, flesh is healing, it is time, that is all I know.

I best call my friend and reschedule our shoot.  Friday, maybe Saturday.  If that happens, then next week, sometime, as he wants.  But for this morning, I am enjoying the cool and pains of the body.  Hmm, probably will find some food before long.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here