Tuesday, April 8, 2014

That was just an odd day.

.
.
I got showerd, shaved, and dressed in a leisurely fashion.  I headed out in plenty of time.  But on the way, something very unusual happened.  Oh, it's happened before.  In extreme conditions, in very hot or very cold temps, when too wet, when way too tired.  I have seen this before, but not in such a mild situation.  On the way there I... simply became lost!  I knew I was on I-15, heading south.  But it seemed to me that I had traveled to far.  That can happen when there are a lot of rigs on the road, and traffic is aggressive.  Both of which were in play.  But I've not had it happen like this.  So... I turned around at the next offramp and turned around until I found a place I knew.  I had not, as I had supposed, gone too far.  I ended up eating up all of my spare time, but still checked in seven minutes early.  But... that weirded me out a bit. 

It may just be that, since I have been rather sedentary, and went out yesterday, even getting a sun burn, but definitely wearing myself out, that I was simply tired.  And traffic was pretty nuts.  People blocking the highway, then driving on my ass because I wanted to go more than two miles over the speed limit on the interstate, and people just driving nuts, plus having a pretty full road.  Even though I didn't feel all that tired, I think, deep down in, I was a bit worn.  I will need tomorrow as an off day.  But then out again the next two days.  Hmm, wait...  I'll have to rearrange the shooting day.  Conflict of interest I just hadn't made sense of yet.

I have decided to just go with the more expensive, send now, sewing machine.  Along with all the gear.  My mother believes my sister in law has friends who sew, who might help get it all set up.  But I know, as busy as they are, if I didn't get threads, needles, and extra bobbins, they might not be gotten for some time.  I might be a bit in the dog house for this sort of gift, as is.  But...  Yum!  I love me some dog house!  There is usually something chewable thereabouts, and it's usually the quietest place around.  Double yum.  Plus...  Screw them.  This is what brothers are for!  :)

Zapped, though, boys and girls.  I am that.  But with the sun and warmth, it's hard not to be happy to make myself tired.  I'm loving it.  Next week, besides a shoot with my friend, and maybe one or two on my own, I am hoping to maybe get a hike in, somewhere.  I don't care if I only get a mile, or even half a mile.  I would like to learn a couple of the trailheads, and begin getting my... feet wet on that.  If I find a path I can handle, I would then like to work up to carrying more than just some water, food, bandana, and wet gear.  Maybe add a tent over time.  Then stretch my hike into and overnighter, then two or three nights.  We will see.  For now, just to find some trail heads, with a bit of kit, and see where that gets me.  Next week.  Heck yeah!

I'm going to need an hour or two to come down.  But I should sleep like a champ.  Later, or maybe good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here