Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mostly just an off day.

.
.
I did get going on haiku, and did some door knocking with one response already.  Danged kids, if I resemble that remark.  Hushutup.  :p  While I enjoyed the cool, I decided that enough was enough.  So at about 14:00, I think, I closed the windows and turned the heat up.  It is the combination of cool and heat that allows my sore body to heal, I do believe, and the warmth is good too.  One or the other, only, is a pain in the nuisance.  Yeah, it's good to have a down day.  But I am looking forward to getting going with some other things.  I have even decided, if it happens to be rainy, and cold, to go ahead with hiking.  I can warm up when I get home.  A mug of coffee wouldn't hurt, either.  Hot or iced, as needed, along with water.

I am getting excited.  Something is back in play, and perhaps better than ever.  I can't be sure, not absolutely sure, but I am pretty sure I am turning some kind of a major corner, healthwise.  My want to get out has not changed.  I've been licking my chops since I moved out here.  Lots of places to shave with death so as to appreciate life out here.  In Iowa you couldn't go a few miles without someone, somewhere, watching, even willing to help out.  Here?  You can find places where people rarely go, don't go, won't go, for the most part.  Places with little water, or potentially too much, or both.  Places were the beasts of the furry, and fury, kind run, walk, hunt, and sleep.  There are places high, lower, level, and rough.  Places that a man can find himself, and find himself lost.  Good places to pray, to my mind, and live for a bit, visit, and hopefully return from.  No, the hunger has not changed, but the ability to sate that hunger is changing.  Maybe.

It actually might be too snowy, or wet and muddy, to go too far on any, or many, of the paths.  But finding the trail heads, learning to know what to look for as to trail readiness, and getting my hump in condition to pull those humps, though, that I can do.  Hungry for the wilds.  Thirsty for the land, mountains.  I have a lot of gear to test out, a lot of notions to figure out, and ideas all my own to explore.  And, there are more than mundane reasons at hand.  I'll bet I can still hike further than most civilized folk.  Ten miles, when I was in worse condition than I am now, outpacing my treehugging, wilderness girl, of the time, last time I went.  So much so, I had enough to offer her a piggyback ride for the last few miles.  Wore the poor girl out I did, but she just wouldn't surrender.  No skin off my back, as it turned out.  Folk just don't understand critters like me.  No need, that isn't necessary.

Well... off to... I dunno... resting some more.  Oh, and a call to change the shooting day with my friend.  Hmm...  I have some 9 mm, but I think I ought to... start stocking that up, at least to the level I have my .45's.  Not as much is needed of pistol ammo.  But .22's and rifle calibers have to be kept in pretty high counts.  Much more application, practical, for the latter.  Though, once in order, less target practice is needed.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here