.
.
I called my friend to check on his appointment. He canceled it to next week. And, of course, he wanted to go right away! I think my call surprised him. I'm not the best at showing up when I say I will. Can't, always. Lose track. Something about shooting, of course. I'll grab my pistol, magazines, and a box or two of extra ammunition of various flavors. But first I need to get those birthday cards made out and send those before showing up. I said I'd be there a little later, which means... in a while. After I get everything else managed, a shower, dressing, maybe a shave. You know, the things that make social access a little less odd.
Hmm... I just took recycling out, so I don't have any cans to put in a bag and take along. Oh well. I'm sure we will find something to shoot. I probably have a few things in the auto, and there are usually cans out there. Still, I really ought to get a real target or two. But they can be so pricey, and finicky. And I'm not sure how long those pistol grade rolling targets really last. And they are so bright, it's hard to miss them. I like a little more challenge. None of my enemies have ever arrived in orange clothing, having a big target on them. Not one. I have some doubt that they will in any possible future.
Having taken a shower just yesterday, and a few days before that, I am in pretty good shape. Still, I like to be extra clean, so I always at least lather, rinse, and repeat, top to bottom, every time. Shaving should be quick, too. Most of the stuff I needed should be arriving, for the straight razor, within the week. But I'll have to practice honing, and such, first, anyway. I'll wait until I return from the burn to begin that. I don't want to be going out into the wilds with nicks and cuts. And I still haven't found my soap bristles. I'm not really looking forward to this, to be honest. I am mostly doing it to cut shaving costs, in the long run, and as a prepper thing. These razors will last a lifetime, and then some. Soap will be as available as ever, if homemade in a worst case situation. Bristle brushes would be the real weak point. While strops won't last a very long time, I am thinking that on the local trade they will become much more available to deal with all of the other hand tools that will be necessary. Just... thinking along those lines.
Well, I ought to get a shower in, then relax a bit, get those cards ready to go, and then decide when to take off. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here