.
.
Okay, I had to reschedule the appointment. No, no, I was up, ready to go, and would have been there on time, easily. It's that something came up. On top of that, I haven't been checking what they want checked. I've finally gotten to the point where I have been actually taking the medicines, but not taking stats. And, that being the whole reason for this appointment, and with what has come up, I decided to reschedule. I had hoped to do it in a couple of weeks, but I couldn't remember when my trip is. Yeah, yeah... So it's a long reschedule. It's all I can do, for now. But at least, now, when I am going to miss, I call in. That isn't optimal, in their view, just... better. Much better. No more red marks, just yellow, or green, in my file. Or whatever.
It's cloudy today. I am not sure my friend will want to go out. I will call in half an hour. I'll just tinker, like when you got ready for school, then class was called off for the morning hours due to weather? Yeah, free time! And, really? I am pleased. I got up, got ready, and made the decision and the call. I was even looking forward to the trip. But I don't want to waste that prep, and I do have something that came up. If my friend doesn't want to get out today, I might fill my travel pack and go find a trail. I could take the pistol and a box of ammunition and get some target practice in as well. Maybe two boxes. Hmm... I best stop at the store and pick up some ammunition. It is plentiful now, but I have to keep up on my stocks, which for this caliber is rather low as is. So... maybe a few extra boxes, on top of what I shoot. Bleh.
The girls have been fed, twice already. I thought I would be going. And, actually, I will be, one way or the other. What came up, while not minor, isn't going to take much time. But it does demand attention. I'm not exactly sure when I will be back to feed them, but they will get three feeds today, on top of the hard food. I am just waiting on UPS, at least until about noon. If the strop dressing arrives, I'll use it. I may look for a lapping stone in town. Thankfully, that doesn't have to be very high grit, so will be cheaper. Probably.
Yep, something good is happening. I'm still, mostly, living a null life. Most of my time is spent... sitting. The hope is that, as I get out, more of my time will be spent... walking. I suppose that is an upgrade, though it does confuse me a bit. If too, that isn't the final goal. Being productive, even just hereabouts, if there is the hope for even a bit more.
Ah, my friend was proactive. He called and, yep, he wants to get out. I'll bring a box of .45 for his pistol, and get some 9 mm as well. I'll be shooting as close as it takes to hit regularly, practice there until it's simple again, then move it on out. Bleh... Way out of practice. When I get back I'll put my pack together for next week, today or tomorrow. Still waiting on UPS, or noon, whichever comes first. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here