Monday, April 7, 2014

Nothing fancy.

.
.
I was dragging along the bottom, this morning, not really able to catch a ride with a whim, want, or chore.  Hours, awake, nothing.  Couldn't really wake up.  I goofed with Blue Moon and FireFox.  While I did figure some things out, it still didn't work.  I'll try later, or tomorrow.  What a pain.  Then I realized, for as late as it seemed, it was still quite early.  Early enough to take the trash out, and recycling if that was today.  I hopped to that, got it all (bachelor's version of all) together, then out.  Yep, recycling day, so that went out too.  Well, there... was a bit of trash.  And, it was well past time to change the girl's litter.  Actually, the next time I am in town, and remember, I will buy several bags of litter, and maybe hit that again in a few weeks.  It's good, but pushing it.  Which is fine.

On the way back in, I heard the phone ringing.  I am sort of expecting a call, but more like around 10:00, so I hurried to catch it.  V.A., dental, soon, afternoon appointment.  Check.  See, now, another good thing.  I thought I had missed the appointment.  I thought I had rescheduled, then blown it.  Looks like not.  It's just a cleaning, but still.  It's a trip, it gets me off my butt, there might be some sort of health issues regarding it, as the teeth are among the fundamentals.  At least oral health is.  So...  all good.

I am waiting to see when my friend's appointment is.  When he knows, and if he remembers to call me, I might be able to prepare, and be in town to do a few of my things, before heading out shooting.  It is cool this morning, but the sun is out, up, and shining like a kid receiving praise.  I suspect, by this afternoon, a light jacket, definitely for my friend and maybe for me, will be enough to see some lead fly.  The other day he suggested that he wasn't all that good with a pistol.  But he thought he was good with a rifle.  I laughed, yes I did.  I am damn nasty with a side arm.  I am.  Fast or slow, I'll get it at fifty yards or less, and we are talking about cans down to silver dollar sized targets.  Man sized targets?  A hundred yards.  I am good, in my mind, as far as I know things.  But him?  He is better.  Laughed, absolutely.  I think he is just confused.  Sure, you can group much better with a rifle, especially at a hundred yards or less.  And you are more precise if the rifle can be, and is, sighted in properly.  But they are simply two different machines.  Still, I did laugh.

I'd love to take one of the .22s as well, but since I can't find affordable replacement ammunition, I simply am not shooting that.  Just the 9 mm today.  I may take some .45 ammo, as I know he will have at least one, probably.  I haven't shot his newer .45 and am curious.  But that is it for that.  Oh, I'll probably be just a bit rusty.  And I am rather tired.  But I'll... figure it all out rather quickly.  What I need is a little adrenalin and a reason.  It all snaps back as I wake up.  *pow!*

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here