.
.
While yesterday was a nothing day, it was designed as such by needs. And, I have been a very good boy, of late. Out and about, up and at it, doing what I can, then some, and planning more. I didn't get to sleep until after midnight. I was a bit nervous, but set the alarm for 8:00, with the notion that I could kick the alarm over to 9:00 if need be. As is I woke, tenatively, at a half then quarter to 8:00 but decided 8:00 was a bit early. So I just proactively reset the alarm to 9:00. Woke just slightly after 8:00 anyway. I was finished with sleep.
Browsing "the news" and blogs, first thing. Leaving a comment here, chuckling there, a grimace or three to round it out, and finally a post. A shower sounds good, in a moment or two. The girls were fed first thing. And I will take my medicines. I forgot, for the first time since I willfully cracked down, medicine yesterday morning. I didn't notice until bedtime, but I simply wasn't willing to take a double dose. So I took bedtime medicines and grumbled all the way home... or some such.
So much going on, lots left to do, but I am slowing crawling out of the cave and getting to more. I'm almost feeling it, spring. It's creeping in. Well, and a return of some health. The combination is slightly titillating, like spring wine or that look a woman gets when she is suggesting what she was taught not to, usually without realizing it. That, my friends, is a Freudian slip I can live with. Never mind.
On to... something. I suppose I've got just a bit more time to tinker. I did get a notice that the sewing machine is definitely on it's way. All good. If the s-i-l doesn't teach, or find teachers for the girls, my mom will do that when she gets there. I went with a sewing machine to give the girls something practical for their lives. Women aren't taught... anything practical these days. Do they even take cooking classes in school anymore? If so, is it all boxed? Bleh. Most don't even know how to clean. Messy little things, of little value to a husband and family all too often. Just one skill, something they could even use to earn money on the side, legitimately. Though, as most women, they will probably be relegated to the stacks of sheng nu, old maids, single secretaries, cat women, whatever the world is calling the growing numbers of useless women these days, wherever they are. Still, I can try to give them some value. VAT, value added talents.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here