Friday, July 8, 2016

Dark day.

.
.
Not extremely overcast, just mostly.  I was trying to wake early, couldn't do it, couldn't focus as to why.  Clouds.  Cooler.  All good, no complaints, love that.  I just have to be up early tomorrow.  So...  The alarm.  I have been close enough.  Just quibbling over minutes really.  I'll figure it out.  Trying to get my raft cover put together.  Help might be arriving tomorrow, in the early.  It would sure be nice to get that together, and out on the water, this year.

Breakfast.  Eggs are pretty much done.  I'll add those to the shopping list.  I might simply fry some of the beef from last night.  I thought about doing that last night, too.  I simply didn't want to add more heat to the cave with additional cooking.  This morning should be fine.  Just enough to sear the outside and warm the inside, tasty.  One of the things pressure cooking makes taste very strange is beef fat.  It's still, mostly, edible.  It just tastes very odd.  I am hoping a quick sear will bring flavor back.  Fat is a primary driver for flavor in beef.

A shower this morning, sometime after breakfast.  Then laundry and dishes... some of this and that.  Waking first, reading interspersed, and a few little chores or tasks.  It won't be a fancy day.  I am still lame, a bit.  The swelling seems to be coming under control, but not completely.  Socks, today, if I can.  While still a bit ginger, the worst of the legs seems to be healing enough to, perhaps, go back into compression socks.  I'll know before too long.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here